Packers RB Jamaal Williams stretchered off field after hit to head

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

The league has to start addressing this.  I'm not a Packers fan, but this just happened last year against the Bears too, and both players were carted off the field.  Three guys are holding the player up, driving him backwards, and a player goes helmet to helmet from the backside.  

Same thing happened to Saquon last week against the Bucs. He was held up by a couple DL at about the LOS and a safety flew in and hit him right in the head. He was shaken up, but ultimately ok. Is this something that just started happening, or something we are just noticing more after an emphasis on trying to prevent head injuries?

• Like 1

Just now, minutemancl said:

Same thing happened to Saquon last week against the Bucs. He was held up by a couple DL at about the LOS and a safety flew in and hit him right in the head. He was shaken up, but ultimately ok. Is this something that just started happening, or something we are just noticing more after an emphasis on trying to prevent head injuries?

I think we're just noticing more. This was SOP to take down guys back in the late 80s/early 90s...

23 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Apparently there will be no suspension. 

I really don't feel like there was any intention. Barnett's timing and location were super poor, but you can tell he tries to lessen the impact with the angle of his head-on collision. I'd still expect a decent fine though.

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I just hope he's okay. You never want to see a player get injured.

The Eagles were able to completely shut down the Packs run game. Williams has done well spelling Jones, but I think GB needs to make a move at RB if Williams is gonna miss some time.

Melvin Gordon?

32 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I think we notice it now because of the rule changes. It's always been the case were guys hold somebody up to try to create a fumble or to get a couple of extra hits in . But with the forward progress rules and things like that A lot of those opportunities have died down. This is a situation where someone agregious Li and violently struck a player in the head well after the whistle blew. There is no way this guy didn't have time to avoid Jamal Williams and OK let's say he got a late hit in OK that as one thing OK a late hit some of The Times you know you're in action and whatever and it happens but this guy laid me hear him in the head with his helmet he didn't even attempt to avoid that kind of contact it would be 1 thing if he had led with his shoulder he didn't he came straight in Crown 1st he hit with intent he meant to hit Jamal Williams in the head

The other problem with the fact that there is no suspension coming is it hes going to get fined twice.

His hit on devante Adam's when they clearly grabbed the face mask and he hit devante Adam's afterward was also I helmet to helmet which he led with his helmet he should have been kicked out of the game. The reason he wasn't is because it wasn't called.   He is out there hitting people with a vicious in violent purpose and not in a good way

The hit was super late after the whistle can not dispute that. If it warranted anything it was a fine of a game check/one game suspension. 

Barnett did look like he was going to strip the ball in the one replay view though.  He has been a first round bust to this point who was trying to come up big in a must win road game (strip sack on Rodgers) .

Context is everything it's unfortunate to be honest.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

The other problem with the fact that there is no suspension coming is it hes going to get fined twice.

His hit on devante Adam's when they clearly grabbed the face mask and he hit devante Adam's afterward was also I helmet to helmet which he led with his helmet he should have been kicked out of the game. The reason he wasn't is because it wasn't called.   He is out there hitting people with a vicious in violent purpose and not in a good way

They did call the facemask with Adams though.

Derek Barnett isn't a dirty player, he's just aloof and careless. He's a bonehead. He commits so many penalties week in and week out a variety of things.