Packers RB Jamaal Williams stretchered off field after hit to head

RaidersAreOne

My condolences to him. Screw football. When he got hit and didn't move I was literally staring at the screen hoping he would show some signs of movement. I was relieved when he gave the thumbs up as he was being carted off the field. 

The impact to the Packers run game is largely dependent on how much faith the staff have in their 6th rd pick Dexter. With Jones and Williams, I always felt like they were a well rounded duo who complimented each other well with Jones being the solid all-around back who is good in open space but not so much of a short yardage bruiser who can run clock that they get with Williams. 

With Williams out, now the questions are, is Jones fit to take on more responsibilities in the offense or can Dexter fill the void of Williams. Even as a ND fan, I have no opinion on Dexter. JMO.

Edited by JustAnotherFan

He's got feeling in his extremities, so worst case avoided.  Concussion protocol only likely.   Still a bad look for the league.

Tough day for Green Bay - lost 2 guys to head shots, lost their RT, and lost an eminently winnable game because Matt Lafleur is a horrible RZ game-caller (or A-Rod called his shots and he's even worse being fully in charge).

The league has to start addressing this.  I'm not a Packers fan, but this just happened last year against the Bears too, and both players were carted off the field.  Three guys are holding the player up, driving him backwards, and a player goes helmet to helmet from the backside.  

I'm sorry, but that's reckless.  The whistle may not have been blown until Barnett took the last couple of steps, but it's just unnecessary and leads to things like this.  

Packers fans should be livid.  If the only penalty is 15 yards, when is it going to stop?  The league needs to make a rule specifically dealing with "hold -em-up-for-the-kill-shot hits like this, especially when helmet to helmet hit occurs to a defenseless player whose body has nowhere to go to help defray the impact.

52 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

The league has to start addressing this.  I'm not a Packers fan, but this just happened last year against the Bears too, and both players were carted off the field.  Three guys are holding the player up, driving him backwards, and a player goes helmet to helmet from the backside.  

I'm sorry, but that's reckless.  The whistle may not have been blown until Barnett took the last couple of steps, but it's just unnecessary and leads to things like this.  

Packers fans should be livid.  If the only penalty is 15 yards, when is it going to stop?  The league needs to make a rule specifically dealing with "hold -em-up-for-the-kill-shot hits like this, especially when helmet to helmet hit occurs to a defenseless player whose body has nowhere to go to help defray the impact.

he should have been thrown out of the game

• Like 3