NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

9 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Zion hype/play >>>>>>Embiid.

Plus I think the big difference is Embiid last game played his rookie year was on Jan. 27. So he didn't play those final 2 or so months. 

Zion playing the final few months, at the level he's been playing, with his hype, while potentially helping the Pelicans comeback into the playoffs would have all the momentum from the voters. It's the old lasting impressive stuff.

4 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah of course, if Zion carries Pelicans to playoffs he’ll win.

I hate this storyline as well. The Pelicans were already playing better before Zion came back.

And carries? Dude, the Pelicans were a trendy playoff pick before the season started and have 2 All-Stars on their team.

Obviously I'm being defensive because I'm a Grizzlies fan, but this is starting to get a little frustrating.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm being defensive because I'm a Grizzlies fan, but this is starting to get a little frustrating.

You think your guys are gonna hang on? They're five games up in the loss column over Portland/San Antonio - and six over New Orleans.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

You think your guys are gonna hang on? They're five games up in the loss column over Portland/San Antonio - and six over New Orleans.

Hard to say. They have the toughest remaining schedule in the NBA and just traded away two key rotation pieces with no one to replace them. My guess would be no.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Hard to say. They have the toughest remaining schedule in the NBA and just traded away two key rotation pieces with no one to replace them. My guess would be no.

I've honestly not watched much of them, so thanks for the insight. They're doing well in their last 10 - so they're playing good and perhaps that'll carry over. There's not many games left and at this point, if you apply the "just get in" theory - you just want them to match the success of those in the chase to stretch out / maintain that buffer. 

12 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

If Zion keeps this up, he'll have a Shaq-esque rookie year. All-star caliber. Ja, as good as he was, hasn't been at that level. Given Zion's hype, I have little doubt he'd win ROTY if at season's end Morant's only argument is that he played 30 more games. Definitely could be closer race than we thought.

I don't think so. Ja has been good enough that it shouldn't be a conversation - even if Zion is really good over the last 30. If Zion really goes god level and gets the Pels on a crazy winning path? MAYBE sure