NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

I’m still kinda pissed Davis didn’t make the rising stars game. I get that it’s an exhibition and also it’s a US vs World type format and I just went to the game on Sunday when he dropped 31 but he has definitely been one of the top 10-12 rookies this year. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So the young Grizzlies taking some shots at 3x champ for what exactly? Wasn't this pretty much agreed upon before the season? 

**** Iguodala.

If he doesn't get traded then I hope Memphis refuses to buy him out and he can just sit his diva *** at home.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

**** Iguodala.

If he doesn't get traded then I hope Memphis refuses to buy him out and he can just sit his diva *** at home.

Once again, was this not agreed upon when the trade happened? What changed since then? What am I missing?

And honestly, Iggy sitting out the year is good. Will be fresh along with Steph/Klay/Draymond next season. Get the band back together one more time! 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So the young Grizzlies taking some shots at 3x champ for what exactly? Wasn't this pretty much agreed upon before the season? 

It was agreed upon after Iggy was just like nah, no chance I'm playing for the Grizz. So I mean it's whatever. Just who that dude is. I think it's pretty whack to just not go to work when you are under contract to do so because you are too good to play for an NBA team, but that's just me. 

Edited by champ11
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Iguodala didn't really give Memphis a choice.

Okay, but clearly they had an agreement before the season that he wasn't going to report until getting moved. So why all of a sudden did this become a thing? Why no mention of this a month ago or two months ago? What triggered Brooks and Morant? 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

It was agreed upon after Iggy was just like nah, no chance I'm playing for the Grizz. So I mean it's whatever. Just who that dude is. I think it's pretty whack to just not go to work when you are under contract to do so because you are too good to play for an NBA team, but that's just me. 

See my prior post. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Okay, but clearly they had an agreement before the season that he wasn't going to report until getting moved. So why all of a sudden did this become a thing? Why no mention of this a month ago or two months ago? What triggered Brooks and Morant? 

Probably the fact that Memphis is in the playoff hunt and Iggy is being a total baby?

Guys an absolute bum. The players have every right to be pissed at him.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

See my prior post. 

I've been talking about it personally. I texted my friends that it was a joke that he was on ESPN as a host lol. It's just a bad look. This is why casuals get salty about the NBA (among other things that mainly aren't fair lol)

I believe it became a thing for the young grizz this week just bc it is trade deadline week and there has been a lot of chat about it. End of the day it's not a big deal for anyone involved. I just think it's a bad look for Iggy and the NBA. But that's it. Grizz are obviously fine. He'd help them tho! Sucks for him I guess. 

I DO think it is interesting that Iggy is getting a pass and no one was talking about it all season @J-ALL-DAY. I think with other players or situations it would be completely different. Is it because Iggy has so much clout with the media? Or because the general NBA chatter continues to tell us that a team that isn't a championship contender doesn't matter? I don't know

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think now that it came out that he would sit out the rest of the season if he's not traded, that rubbed the young guys the wrong way. Especially since they're fighting for a playoff spot.

Right or wrong, those guys probably thought he would join the team if no trade was agreed on. Now that that doesn't appears be the case, the young guys are letting the choppa sing.

• Like 1

I guess I'm more surprised teams aren't willing to just throw a 2nd rounder at the Grizz to pry away Iggy (assuming he's willing to report). I'm sure his preferred destination is LA, but why wouldn't a team like the Sixers, Bucks, or Heat try to snag the guy on the cheap in hopes of a real playoff run?

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

I think now that it came out that he would sit out the rest of the season if he's not traded, that rubbed the young guys the wrong way. Especially since they're fighting for a playoff spot.

Right or wrong, those guys probably thought he would join the team if no trade was agreed on. Now that that doesn't appears be the case, the young guys are letting the choppa sing.

Okay, so they were under the impression he would report if he wasn't moved by the deadline? That could make some sense, though no where did I read that was ever going to happen. Just seems random how they are going after him now. 

8 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I DO think it is interesting that Iggy is getting a pass and no one was talking about it all season @J-ALL-DAY. I think with other players or situations it would be completely different. Is it because Iggy has so much clout with the media? Or because the general NBA chatter continues to tell us that a team that isn't a championship contender doesn't matter? I don't know

Don't really care tbh. But if it had to guess, because he's respected by pretty much everyone in the league. The thing is, the Grizzlies didn't trade for him because they thought he was going to be a big piece of their team or anything. They did it to get some draft capital and then being able to flip him for some more. 

16 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Probably the fact that Memphis is in the playoff hunt and Iggy is being a total baby?

Guys an absolute bum. The players have every right to be pissed at him.

What does them being in the playoff hunt matter? The agreement Iggy and Grizzlies had was before the season even started. Grizzlies should have forced his hand and fined him for not reporting to camp if they wanted him badly. But of course that's not what happened. 

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I guess I'm more surprised teams aren't willing to just throw a 2nd rounder at the Grizz to pry away Iggy (assuming he's willing to report). I'm sure his preferred destination is LA, but why wouldn't a team like the Sixers, Bucks, or Heat try to snag the guy on the cheap in hopes of a real playoff run?

Teams would give up a 2nd rounder for him, but for now they are trying to get a late 1st rounder for him. Probably will end up settling for a 2nd.