NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

5 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I mean in general yes. Most of us also aren't making 17 million in one year though.  I do not have any sympathy for the plight of Iggy. Considering an average US citizen will make around 3 million through there entire life it must be real hard making over 5 times that in one year.... 

I can not overstate how much I hate this argument with a passion. Since when did earning a lot of money mean you are no longer a person or deserving of the same standards as everyone else? Why do billionaire owners get a pass when they demand a person who never contracted with them work for them? Your argument pure bunk.

22 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I can not overstate how much I hate this argument with a passion. Since when did earning a lot of money mean you are no longer a person or deserving of the same standards as everyone else? Why do billionaire owners get a pass when they demand a person who never contracted with them work for them? Your argument pure bunk.

You can't equate normal life to professional sports. It's really that simple. 

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

You can't equate normal life to professional sports. It's really that simple. 

Normal standards of free choice I can. That is the most basic right people have. I'm not talking celebrity and privacy here.

2 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Normal standards of free choice I can. That is the most basic right people have. I'm not talking celebrity and privacy here.

This is the sport. They know what they're getting into.

If they don't want to be stuck then they can sign 1 year deals.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

This is the sport. They know what they're getting into.

If they don't want to be stuck then they can sign 1 year deals.

He's stuck in that he can't play for another team. He is not stuck in that he is forced to play for the other team. I have no problem with him saying he isn't playing for them, you can't force someone to work for you particularly when they didn't agree to that.

As for your they know what they were getting into argument, before FA they knew what they were getting into as well with how a team basically owned their career. That didn't make it right. All the aspects of the team "owning" the player are relics that people for some reason are ok with. Sports can function perfectly well without the ability to trade players.

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

He's stuck in that he can't play for another team. He is not stuck in that he is forced to play for the other team. I have no problem with him saying he isn't playing for them, you can't force someone to work for you particularly when they didn't agree to that.

As for your they know what they were getting into argument, before FA they knew what they were getting into as well with how a team basically owned their career. That didn't make it right. All the aspects of the team "owning" the player are relics that people for some reason are ok with. Sports can function perfectly well without the ability to trade players.

You know he's getting paid, right? This isn't a one way street. He gets to sit out and still get paid like he's putting in 12 hour days. What other job in the world, since you want to compare it to everything else, would give him that ridiculous benefit?

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

You know he's getting paid, right? This isn't a one way street. He gets to sit out and still get paid like he's putting in 12 hour days. What other job in the world, since you want to compare it to everything else, would give him that ridiculous benefit?

I have no problem if the Grizz said we aren't paying you if you don't show up. That is their decision.

17 minutes ago, mse326 said:

I have no problem if the Grizz said we aren't paying you if you don't show up. That is their decision.

It's not. It's called a guaranteed contract. I guess time to get rid of those.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

It's not. It's called a guaranteed contract. I guess time to get rid of those.

You think a guaranteed contract means they still have to pay him if he doesn't show up? I'm willing to be proven wrong but I'd be shocked if they weren't allowed to not pay him if he voluntarily is refusing to play.

3 hours ago, mse326 said:

Lol that's not how professional sports work thus why NTC's are involved in contract discussions. 

It wasn't a problem when Philly shipped him off to Denver or when Denver sent him to GS but it's a problem now? Yeah, no, sorry. Not buying that privileged bull****.