Broncos OLB Bradley Chubb tears ACL; out for year

RaidersAreOne

Absolute organizational incompetence. One of your (VERY FEW) young, core pieces should not be playing through injuries on an 0-3 team. Even effing cramps. This is an embarrassment. No idea if Chubb tore his ACL before or after he came back in, but either way it displays an organization that has no idea what the hell it's doing 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Absolute organizational incompetence. One of your (VERY FEW) young, core pieces should not be playing through injuries on an 0-3 team. Even effing cramps. This is an embarrassment. No idea if Chubb tore his ACL before or after he came back in, but either way it displays an organization that has no idea what the hell it's doing 

Real talk. How do you misdiagnose an ACL tear for cramps? I've known people that can run fine on an ACL tear, hell, they can even sprint. It's the lateral movement that will cause the knee to give out. Compare that to cramps where you can literally see the muscle spasming and locking up. 

4 minutes ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Real talk. How do you misdiagnose an ACL tear for cramps? I've known people that can run fine on an ACL tear, hell, they can even sprint. It's the lateral movement that will cause the knee to give out. Compare that to cramps where you can literally see the muscle spasming and locking up. 

With the initial tear, fluid and blood rush to the area causing swelling in a tight space that causes pain with extension and flexion. This releases catacholamines which can cause local spasming in the first couple of minutes. Without MRI the classic physical exam for an ACL tear can be masked until that swelling goes down in 24-72 hours. 

• Like 2

This sucks for Chubb but might be good in the long run. No more pretending to compete this season. Embrace the rebuild. Let Vic build the culture. CHJ has checked out (see the 13 games comment) he deserves a shot on a contender, let’s get something for him. OL and ILB early and often. This team is strong in the edges, weak in the middle. Time to fix that.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Doom.

At least he's not getting tread on the tyres in a dead season, I guess.

Malik Reed is like 30lbs lighter than Chubb, coming in for a Defence that already can't stop the run. Awesome.

I don't think giving up 290 instead of 270 will be that big of a backbreaker tbh. 

• Like 1