Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

The money is the great equalizer here though. Is Mike Brown actually going to dust off that wallet and pay someone? draft picks are cheap labor

He's shown that he will pay his people. He paid aj before. Geno. Dunlap. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, N4L said:

The money is the great equalizer here though. Is Mike Brown actually going to dust off that wallet and pay someone? draft picks are cheap labor

That's always been fake news.  For the last 15 years or so, Bengals have typically been in the top 10 of actual money paid out.  Most players actually see the end of their contracts, so for the most part, signing for a little less in Cincy hasn't been a big pill to swallow.  

Everyone latches on to the fact that the Bengals don't sign FA's and get good deals on their guys, and think that they don't pay people.  That's not reality.

EDIT: Also, rumors out of Cincy are that the Bengals are trying to resign AJ, but his camp doesn't want him to make a deal.

Edited by theJ

2 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Realistically, there isn't any way to find non-essential players on NO to match salary. The above is as close as I could get and it still requires 17M cap space.

Why are you counting Sanders and Harris's full yearly salaries? If something goes down I'd imagine it would happen after the titans game. With the early game next week I could see something materialize soon.

You're talking 6 or 7 game checks off of a 12/13 million dollar salary. 

If you trade Harris/Sanders after the Chiefs game you're talking 44% of salary for the year is already paid out between 10-11 million combined right?

Edited by thebestever6

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean if the team goes 2-14, most will know even with Tua that this team is years away from truly competing. I guess I just don't understand why the organization wouldn't be trying to stack up on draft picks and rebuild through the draft. It's the only way to go here IMO.

Applying simple logic to the Bengals management is a mistake. We're in it for the wrong reasons.

12 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I'm insulted I wasn't tagged in this.

I just don't see the AJ Green move to the niners unless the asking price of a first goes down. I could see a 2 and conditional 3 that can become a 2.

The draft class being loaded at wr hurts AJ Greens value, along with being injured right now.

Edited by thebestever6

Since it seems to be applicable: 

In an interview with the team's website, the injured 31-year-old said that although he hasn't heard of any potential moves and certainly isn't lobbying to leave Cincinnati, he is aware of the possibility.

First-year coach Zac Taylor, the spokesperson for the team's front office, said the contract negotiations between the Bengals and Green are similar to those of others on the roster. 

I really do think it would take a huge deal to get him out of Cincinnati. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

I just don't see the AJ Green move to the niners unless the asking price of a first goes down. I could see a 2 and conditional 3 that can become a 2.

The draft class being loaded at wr hurts AJ Greens value, along with being injured right now.

We lack a two this year. 

Barnwell proposed that 49ers / Bengals flip flop 1st and 2nd this year and 49ers give a second in 2021. 

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

We lack a two this year. 

Barnwell proposed that 49ers / Bengals flip flop 1st and 2nd this year and 49ers give a second in 2021. 

That might only be 13 spots ish ( 6 spots as of today), but it is definitely a good starting point in a realm of possibilities I could see that type of deal. 

How rare is swapping picks midseason though?

15 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

If you want him, you're gonna have to pry him away from Mike Brown's cold, senile dead hands.

I agree lol, I feel the same way about Von Miller with John Elway. Only difference though is the pass rush talent in 2020 isn't nearly as deep at the wr as of now Chris Young , and a few guys.

Therefore I believe Von Miller is more tradable than AJ Green atm. Now, things do change in the NFl

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Also, rumors out of Cincy are that the Bengals are trying to resign AJ, but his camp doesn't want him to make a deal.

maybe Green wants out finally. I don't blame him, if a player wants to p[lay in a warmer climate/dome or on a winning team, they should be able to go do so. It's not what fans of a team like to see happen, but the players deserve the freedom to go choose.

What do you expect his market value to be if he hits UFA?