2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

12 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Okay, but why. Bellinger was comparable in RF last season. While some of that was teams not doing their homework, I don't expect him to suddenly become a bad defender. Would they just move him or Mookie to CF then?

Why? Because Mookie is a top 3 player in all of baseball. Bellinger can play in CF and 1B.

8 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

I wonder if the Reds make another push towards Lindor or Seager.  They have the supplementary pieces to put with Senzel to get just about anyone. I'd hate to lose Hunter Greene or Nick Lodolo though, but you have to pay the price if you trade for front line talent.  If they could swing a deal without including either of those 2 pitchers, i'd be ecstatic.  I'd hate to lose Tyler Stephenson as well since he's progressed nicely at catcher and will start this year in AAA, but i'd still pull that trigger.

Nick Senzel
Tyler Mahle
Tyler Stephenson
Tony Sanitllan

That enough to get Seager, Lindor, or possibly Correa if the Astros are seriously thinking about moving off of him?

1 hour ago, Dingo18287 said:

Reds signed Nick Castellanos. With their past 2 off seasons, they’ve really made some moves. Am curious where this leaves Nick Senzel? Super utility guy?

Possibly starting CF still if he's not traded.  Castellanos in LF, Senzel in CF, Shogo in RF?

3 hours ago, Slateman said:

Okay, but why. Bellinger was comparable in RF last season. While some of that was teams not doing their homework, I don't expect him to suddenly become a bad defender. Would they just move him or Mookie to CF then?

Cause they need another piece to take out the NATS.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/padres/story/2020-01-27/padres-mookie-betts-red-sox-wil-myers-cal-quantrill-manuel-margot

Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports that the Padres are willing to send two young major leaguers and at least one prospect along with Wil Myers to the Red Sox in a potential trade for Mookie Betts.

More specifically, Acee hears that the Padres are willing to trade one outfielder -- Manuel Margot or Josh Naylor -- and one starting pitcher -- Cal Quantrill or Joey Lucchesi -- as part of the deal. Talks aren't just about the players involved, as Acee notes that the Padres want the Red Sox to cover more of the $61 million remaining on Myers' contract. As of now, the Red Sox are said to be offering to cover about half of it. Of course, the Padres would cover Betts' $27 million salary for 2020. There's work to be done here, but that talks have even gotten this far is significant. Alex Speier of the Boston Globe reported on Sunday that the NL West rival Dodgers also "remained engaged" on Betts.

https://www.rotoworld.com/baseball/mlb/player/20029/mookie-betts