Something brewing with Diggs?

Nbanflguy

What’s up with Diggs?

There was a trade request rumor about a week ago that Diggs and his agent quickly shut down. 

He has deleted most of his Instagram pics and now moderates the comments on there

Posting cryptic tweets and stories on social media

Hasn’t spoken with the media in a week. Apparently left soldier field yesterday in full pads

Yes. I think there is something up with him. Judging by how he is reacting and Thielen as well, I think Zimmer is on the verge of losing the team. Maybe that’s hyperbolic and short sighted after a couple terrible weeks. However, I think the WR are losing faith in Cousins’ ability to do anything. 

There’s only so many times you can be wide open and not get the ball and remain calm. These are high level athletes who have achieved what few can. Mediocrity for some of them is likely inexcusable. 

Something happened to Cousins. My hypothesis is the bad offensive line last year completely ruined him. Cousins in the first part of last season is what he is capable of. So, in hindsight, it wasn’t a bad move. The bad move was not figuring out the line first. History is replete with bad OL wrecking quarterbacks. It’s a rarity (Russell Wilson comes to mind) to be able to overcome the physical and psychological effects of getting pressured at an insane rate. 

At this point we have to either move on from Cousins or re-vamp our philosophy on offense. Seriously. I’m not of the opinion that we aren’t talented enough to win games and have a chance throughout the playoffs. We need a better scheme that understands our weaknesses. I’m growing increasingly skeptical we are capable of adjusting. The same issues we’re dealing with right now manifested in the latter half of last year. It’s problematic and likely means we need a coaching change, as much as I absolutely love Zimmer’s defensive mind. If we keep doing the same thing expecting different results it’s the definition of insanity. If this persists that’s how you lose a team and a fan base (at least parts of the fan base and team - some of us have suffered through higher levels of mediocrity so we aren’t going anywhere soon). 

Edited by HitStickAllDay
Spelling
  • Like 3

Seems inevitable, every WR turns into a diva. I hope he doesn’t go full Antonio Brown. If I could get a first round pick for Diggs, I’d do it in a heart beat.

At the end of the day, it does seem like that there is frustration with Cousins.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

Every so often Diggs gets into a mood...it's happened before, it'll happen again.  I'm not that concerned.  Once the team strings together some decent offensive performances (which will happen...don't know when, but it'll happen), he'll be happy again.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

He must be having a huge kick out of everyone trying to tie him to New England.

Of all teams that would need Diggs, why would the Pats even trade for him? Big contract when they have Gordon, Edelman, and Dorsett who has been playing very well. Oh and N'keal Harry coming off IR later in the year 

39 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m not buying any of the rumors. 

But if Stefan Diggs is pouting, and looking to bail four games into the season, he’s mentally weaker than the QB. 

If Kirk is stronger than Diggs mentally maybe, just maybe he could step into a pocket and find an open receiver?

41 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m not buying any of the rumors. 

But if Stefan Diggs is pouting, and looking to bail four games into the season, he’s mentally weaker than the QB. 

Agreed. Especially since he's fumbled a few (2?) of the opportunities Kirk has given him. Can't pout when you're not hanging onto the ball.