My crazy invention idea thread.

cconocool

A dual action medication pill container add-on which allows you to grab just one pill without needing to turn on the light. Perfect taking pills at bedtime. You would flip the pill bottle upside down, snap first level which would gather pill into single pill dispenser, then second snap (action?) which would put the single dosed pill into your hand. 

On 2/20/2020 at 7:15 PM, cconocool said:

A dual action medication pill container add-on which allows you to grab just one pill without needing to turn on the light. Perfect taking pills at bedtime. You would flip the pill bottle upside down, snap first level which would gather pill into single pill dispenser, then second snap (action?) which would put the single dosed pill into your hand. 

Just get the clap on light thing.

On 2/20/2020 at 6:15 PM, cconocool said:

this definitely would not result in any elderly deaths

I don't know where to send board game concepts. I sent this off to Chaosium. 

The setting would be a western pony express theme. It would utilize one deck of cards, six sided dice, and movement markers with gold counter underneath. The goal is to reach the end before other players. Each card would have three sections; landmark, equipment, and action. I wanted to play the game off of one set of cards and a dice. Rather than rely on a board, I wanted to have the back of each card have 6 dots, representing an improv board.  Each player would choose two cards and play them as equipment or keep them as action cards. Equipment cards would need to be placed front of the player, but action cards would be kept in the players' hands. Vary up the distance between landmarks with die rolls. Choose the number of landmarks based on time/players.
 Landmarks would be separated by x randomly generated spots (located on the back of cards) and be compromised of areas such as cities( which vend 3 random equipment), rivers( which aren't passed unless player pays one gold/possesses certain equipment card/50 percent chance lost equipment card), and mines (which generate one gold, two if a certain equipment is possessed). The player can choose to pass the area or land on the area if their dice role passes the landmark. If they choose not to land on the landmark, they forfeit the right to do anything beneficial. Certain landmarks are unpassable such as nature landmarks such as rivers and bear caves. Bear caves would be a one shot pass, meaning once one player passed the area, every other player could pass it freely.  
Equipment cards would occupy the center section of each card. They would include a cost which would vary from 0-2 gold. They would add +1/+2 to dice rolls or help player pass landmarks. Guns at 1 gold ( or something less violent) would add 1 to attack rolls when the situation came up, Horses would add 2 to each movement dice, but their cost would be 2 gold. The 0 cost cards (trinkets?) would be useful when the player needed to lose an item via landmark or action card. They would also prove useful at trading post landmarks, where the player could trade equipment for a 1/1 basis or for one gold. Tools would allow the player to gather one more gold at mines and pass rivers without paying fee. Tonic potion would be a one time use which would grant the possessing player a +2 bonus on both movement and attack dice for the turn.
Actions would sit on the bottom of each card. Players would hold onto these until it was their turn and use them against opposing players. One would be warrant where the player choose another player who either needs to pay one gold or 50% of capture and lose their next turn. Another idea was festivals, which made every player at cities, forts, and trading posts lose a turn. Grueling pace would allow the player to take one turn after this one, but lose their next two turns. The player who drew the thieves card would choose a spot on the board and once a player passed the area, they would do an attack role. If certain threshold wasn't met, the player would lose 1-2 equipment based on how poorly the dice was off. 

I bought the Oregon Trail game on a nostalgic whim and regretted it, then thought I could devise a better game. 

A USB charging ice cube. Power it up in a USB socket retract the stub and cover it with waterproof layer. Toss it in your drink.

Before anybody makes any choking hazard quips, they have small USB light up ice cubes which would be more dangerous than this.

• 4 weeks later...

An led light which attaches to sink faucets and flashes for 20 seconds after faucet moves out of off position. 

Have it sing "Sweet Caroline" for 20 seconds and you are in a great mood for the rest of the day.

Smart batting cage netting. It senses how hard the ball hits the netting and tells how far it would have gone and the direction. 

On 11/7/2019 at 12:20 PM, cconocool said:

I don't like fishing, but I know often times people will bring coolers out onto the boat. Have a filet board incorporated onto the bottom of a cooler top. Flip it upside down and you can filet your fish on the boat. The only issues that might come up would be sanitation issues, but I am sure that could be easily remedied. 

I don't know why I'd want to fillet my fish out on the boat though. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, smetana34 said:

I don't know why I'd want to fillet my fish out on the boat though. 

Unless you’re talking about a fish that needs to be bled and given time to rest, I don’t know why you wouldn’t want to. The mess?

On 4/3/2020 at 2:03 PM, cconocool said:

Smart batting cage netting. It senses how hard the ball hits the netting and tells how far it would have gone and the direction. 

I would imagine this is the same technology that indoor driving ranges use.  Probably can't be re-patented.  But, it could be re-purposed for that use.

22 minutes ago, Dome said:

Unless you’re talking about a fish that needs to be bled and given time to rest, I don’t know why you wouldn’t want to. The mess?

Theres the mess while doing it, you have to bring something to put the filets in, not to mention any amount of waves would make for an interesting challenge. But more importantly (and maybe I'm alone on this) I don't keep my catch unless I catch enough to make it worth my time to clean them. I'm not keeping four or five fish; I need to catch 10 or so decent sized ones, otherwise I'm just releasing them back, making it hard to filet as I go when I don't know how they're biting. I fish to toss a line and relax. I don't want to be cleaning my catch and watching a line at the same time, and I don't want to take the five or ten minutes in between catches to recast a line because I'm cleaning as I go. I'd rather enjoy my fishing and then clean all at once. 

I've never gone on a fishing trip or spent a week on a lake in Canada, so there very well could be a more practical use that I'm unaware of. I fish my local lakes and rivers on the weekends with my family, and I don't think I'd use this product. Between fishing, helping my nephews, enjoying a beer, and bs'ing with my family, it just seems to me that setting up a small cleaning station would be low on the list of priorities for the afternoon.

• Like 1