Pack at Dallas Post Game: Four and One

mikebpackfan

6 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's going to be vastly different with the offensive shift. You're not going to see 2 deep anywhere near as much when you're only playing 2.5 WRs per snap. 

Yeah....I mentioned something about this in the GDT that I didnt like all these tight - "wide receiver-less" formations - which seems to be MLF's MO - but it concentrates the D in tight to the box. The middle of the field is packed tight with tacklers. In a way, cant argue with the results...in a way, but still.

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Rodgers was 22/34 for 238 yards, 0TDs, and 0 INTs with a passer rating of 85.2. The only way this was looking like his old self is if you mean that he is now old, and he looked like himself of the last few years. 

He was a rock solid game manager. 

LOL at you! Look at what he had to throw to today! He swallowed his pride and did what it took to win the game. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Jenkins wasn't great today either. He got flagged once and should have definitely gotten flagged a second time. 

This was probably his worst start so far but regardless he's looking like *knock on wood* he'll be a solid starting guard in this league for a good while. 

9 hours ago, Greg C. said:

I'm glad we now have a coach who's not afraid to give Aaron Jones plenty of carries. This game made me question the coaching a little though. I didn't like the taunting from our players (Aaron Jones and Zadarius Smith), and of course I didn't like the inept defense in the last 20 minutes or so of the game. They have to clean some things up.

But for the second week in a row, Aaron Rodgers looked like his old self. His avoidance of turnovers is taken for granted by fans, but once again, this was one of the main reasons we won. Dan Prescott threw three interceptions, while Rodgers never really even came close to throwing one. 

Aaron Jones was great, except of course for his ridiculous 10-yard loss when they were trying to put the game away (another undisciplined play that makes me wonder about the coaching). Somehow the announcers totally missed the obvious story that he is from Texas, so this was a big game for him. 

It was still a nice win in spite of all the weirdness in the second half. 

They were too busy rooting for Dallas.   :P

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Rodgers was 22/34 for 238 yards, 0TDs, and 0 INTs with a passer rating of 85.2. The only way this was looking like his old self is if you mean that he is now old, and he looked like himself of the last few years. 

He was a rock solid game manager. 

He didn't have to be the hero.  He was without his #1 WR so he was smart and let Jones run wild. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

A lot of games so far, we seem to put together about 1/2 a good game.  This one was a lot closer to 3/4 of a good game.  So, that's progress.

We all suspected the offense was gonna take time to get it all together.