Jump to content
dtait93

Jon Robinson

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

Fire Jon Robinson? Yes, that is a very knee-jerk reaction. We went from one of the ****tiest defenses in the NFL to a top 5 for the 2nd year in a row with the pieces he added. Offense has play-makers and is set on the ends of the OL. Interior OL could probably replace all 3 honestly so you can hate him there, but Jesus.

The talent is there it just needs to execute. The defense is executing on all cylinders each week. It's the offenses turn.

I'm starting to wonder if Taylor Lewan and the frat boy "for the boys" attitude is having a negative effect. They need to try being for the team and shutting up and playing football.

Our team is the SF 49ers under mike Singletary in dire need of a John Harbaugh to take us to the next level. We have the talent we need a Coach with innovation 🗣Urban Myer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Our team is the SF 49ers under mike Singletary in dire need of a John Harbaugh to take us to the next level. We have the talent we need a Coach with innovation 🗣Urban Myer 

The same Urban Meyer that lost to Michigan State with Zeke Elliot and Michael Thomas on the same team?Giving Zeke 8 carries and having more designed runs for the QB than for their top 3 pick RB?

He's a college coach only imo.

Vrabel is fine. He's coached 20 games, people need to calm down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Our team is the SF 49ers under mike Singletary in dire need of a John Harbaugh to take us to the next level. We have the talent we need a Coach with innovation 🗣Urban Myer 

I lol’d at Meyer coaching in the NFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiring Urban Meyer would probably be my breaking point as a fan of this organization. Could not support any team with that piece of garbage as the face of the franchise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Fire Jon Robinson? Yes, that is a very knee-jerk reaction. We went from one of the ****tiest defenses in the NFL to a top 5 for the 2nd year in a row with the pieces he added. Not to mention from 5-27 in the two years before him to 9-7 3 straight years since. Offense has play-makers and is set on the ends of the OL. Interior OL could probably replace all 3 honestly, so you can hate him there, but Jesus.

The talent is there it just needs to execute. The defense is executing on all cylinders each week. It's the offenses turn.

I'm starting to wonder if Taylor Lewan and the frat boy "for the boys" attitude is having a negative effect. They need to try being for the team and shutting up and playing football.

But honestly, all any of us are doing is looking for somewhere to point fingers. When it comes down to it, we had a number of chances to win that game and all we had to do was execute and we didn't on numerous occasions. Talent wise, we could very easily be 5-0, so Jon Robinson adding talent isn't the issue.

Joe Rexrode said it best

jRob took us from awful to good but isn’t taking us from good to great

 

this is EXACTLY the same team as last season. But the reality is, we need a complete overhaul because what JRob/Vrabel/AAS haven’t done is establish a winning culture. 9-7 x3 ain’t a winning culture 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Joe Rexrode said it best

jRob took us from awful to average but isn’t taking us from good to great

 

this is EXACTLY the same team as last season. But the reality is, we need a complete overhaul because what JRob/Vrabel/AAS haven’t done is establish a winning culture. 9-7 x3 ain’t a winning culture 

FIFY my friend

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Joe Rexrode said it best

jRob took us from awful to good but isn’t taking us from good to great

 

this is EXACTLY the same team as last season. But the reality is, we need a complete overhaul because what JRob/Vrabel/AAS haven’t done is establish a winning culture. 9-7 x3 ain’t a winning culture 

A GM's job is to get talent on the roster and manage the cap.  Robinson has done a good job of that.  He has a lot of misses, but that's true of any GM.  Find me one that doesn't miss.

Talk about changes at QB or position coaches way before you get rid of a guy who found Byard and Jayon out of nowhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

A GM's job is to get talent on the roster and manage the cap.  Robinson has done a good job of that.  He has a lot of misses, but that's true of any GM.  Find me one that doesn't miss.

Talk about changes at QB or position coaches way before you get rid of a guy who found Byard and Jayon out of nowhere.

His job is also to hire a HC. AAS did that for him the first time around, but the guy JRob chose to take us to the next level sure hasn’t done that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I lol’d at Meyer coaching in the NFL

Yeah, I’d be much more intrigued by Ryan Day if we want to go to OSU. Which to be fair seemed like it was Vrabel’s first choice as well. If only Meyer didn’t have the scandal, we might have Day as our OC now. 

Meyer is strictly a college coach imo and I can’t see his scheme working in the NFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Yeah, I’d be much more intrigued by Ryan Day if we want to go to OSU. Which to be fair seemed like it was Vrabel’s first choice as well. If only Meyer didn’t have the scandal, we might have Day as our OC now. 

Meyer is strictly a college coach imo and I can’t see his scheme working in the NFL. 

It’s funny how people always label a coach strictly a college coach 😩🤣. Okay who all wanted Mariota OC from Oregon to join the titans, who all mentioned us hiring Chip kelly as a OC to help save Mariota. Breaking news the NFL game is college offense to a certain extent. It’s all about speed, creating matchups & making defense defend the entire field by putting playmakers out in space. All the young Duel threat QB’s that are successful in the NFL, is because their HC gets it & takes what they exceeded at in college and corporate that into their offense. Mahomes, spread offense yes he’s gifted & can play in any system but Reid plays to his strength. Baker, look how the Ravens are using Lamar Jackson, the Cowboys new offense Dak Friendly goes back to concepts Dak ran in college. Sean McVay has Goff in a spread attack simplifying the game for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

Joe Rexrode said it best

jRob took us from awful to good but isn’t taking us from good to great

 

this is EXACTLY the same team as last season. But the reality is, we need a complete overhaul because what JRob/Vrabel/AAS haven’t done is establish a winning culture. 9-7 x3 ain’t a winning culture 

For arguments sake, what are the great teams in the NFL?

Edited by TitanSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

For arguments sake, what are the great teams in the NFL?

it's the teams that are consistently there. every team outside of NE has 'down' years where they may miss the playoffs, but they consistently compete at a high level. and yes, I'm aware that they mostly all have franchise QBs

 

NE, Baltimore, New Orleans, Seattle, Green Bay, Pitt, KC, Indy...I'll throw Denver in there (historically) and Philly from the Reid-era to now.

 

These are teams that, more often than not, are going to field a competitive team week in and week out. We aren't going to do that. I said it before...Bernard Pollard hit the nail on the head. A lot of us here laughed at it and called him sour grapes but guess what? BP was actually in the locker room and has played for GREAT franchises. We are a LOSER franchise with a stench of mediocrity that hasn't left us since McNair left. We can stockpile talent all we want, it comes down to the culture that the franchise has instilled. We do not impose our will on any team, we do not play with a high level of intensity, and we are afraid to evolve with the rest of the league. 

Look at how we approach games from the offensive side of the ball. There's no continuity week-to-week. I said this before the ATL game and obviously it's not apples to apples (because Mariota isn't Matt Ryan and our WRs are not theirs), but imagine having Julio/Sanu/Ridley and ONLY putting them in the gameplan when the other team doesn't have a good secondary. Because that's essentially what we're doing with Corey and AJ. We "knew" that Buffalo's secondary is good...and it is...so we don't get them involved in the game. OL play aside, it's laughable. 

We are a pathetic team. Our offensive "leader" Taylor Lewan got destroyed all game yesterday and then goes on twitter to talk smack on the guys who embarrassed him. Yep...that's the "attitude" we have on this football team. A Backstreet Boy (to quote Derrick Mason). 

But even look at the job JRob did to surround Mariota with talent. And then compare it with what the Rams did for Goff and what the Browns are doing for Mayfield. Laughable. But totally something the Titans would do.

Even with JRob and Vrabel, we are the 'same old titans'

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

it's the teams that are consistently there. every team outside of NE has 'down' years where they may miss the playoffs, but they consistently compete at a high level. and yes, I'm aware that they mostly all have franchise QBs

 

NE, Baltimore, New Orleans, Seattle, Green Bay, Pitt, KC, Indy...I'll throw Denver in there (historically) and Philly from the Reid-era to now.

 

These are teams that, more often than not, are going to field a competitive team week in and week out. We aren't going to do that. I said it before...Bernard Pollard hit the nail on the head. A lot of us here laughed at it and called him sour grapes but guess what? BP was actually in the locker room and has played for GREAT franchises. We are a LOSER franchise with a stench of mediocrity that hasn't left us since McNair left. We can stockpile talent all we want, it comes down to the culture that the franchise has instilled. We do not impose our will on any team, we do not play with a high level of intensity, and we are afraid to evolve with the rest of the league. 

Look at how we approach games from the offensive side of the ball. There's no continuity week-to-week. I said this before the ATL game and obviously it's not apples to apples (because Mariota isn't Matt Ryan and our WRs are not theirs), but imagine having Julio/Sanu/Ridley and ONLY putting them in the gameplan when the other team doesn't have a good secondary. Because that's essentially what we're doing with Corey and AJ. We "knew" that Buffalo's secondary is good...and it is...so we don't get them involved in the game. OL play aside, it's laughable. 

We are a pathetic team. Our offensive "leader" Taylor Lewan got destroyed all game yesterday and then goes on twitter to talk smack on the guys who embarrassed him. Yep...that's the "attitude" we have on this football team. A Backstreet Boy (to quote Derrick Mason). 

But even look at the job JRob did to surround Mariota with talent. And then compare it with what the Rams did for Goff and what the Browns are doing for Mayfield. Laughable. But totally something the Titans would do.

Even with JRob and Vrabel, we are the 'same old titans'

 

🗣Preach 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

and yes, I'm aware that they mostly all have franchise QBs

NE, Baltimore, New Orleans, Seattle, Green Bay, Pitt, KC, Indy...I'll throw Denver in there (historically) and Philly from the Reid-era to now.

So, yeah , basically unless Job Robinson finds Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Russel Wilson, Aaron Rogers, Ben Roethlisberger, Patrick Mahommes, or Peyton Manning/Andrew Luck he's not going to meet the standards of anyone on this forum.

 You said it yourself, but you still don't seem to have understood the connection between a "great team" and ours. 

The franchise QB.

Literally everything else you said is just being down as a fan. The real and only connection is the franchise QB.

You list the Browns as a team you envy. I don't understand that considering we just beat the brakes off of them and they have been fhe laughing stock of the NFL for years, but somehow I should look at them for any reason at all?

You're just down and out and looking somewhere to point fingers like we all are.

We're 2-3 and talented enough that we all think we should be at least 4-1 with wins over a team that just beat KC and one that destroyed Brady. Robinson isn't perfect, but replacing him isn't the solution.

Edited by TitanSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

So, yeah , basically unless Job Robinson finds Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Russel Wilson, Aaron Rogers, Ben Roethlisberger, Patrick Mahommes, or Peyton Manning/Andrew Luck he's not going to meet the standards of anyone on this forum.

 You said it yourself, but you still don't seem to have understood the connection between a "great team" and ours. 

The franchise QB.

Literally everything else you said is just being down as a fan. The real and only connection is the franchise QB.

Baltimore has been able to transcend it. They may be the only ones, but they’ve been able to do it because there’s a winning mentality that has been instilled in that franchise. 

Way back in 2000, Baltimore went one way and we went the other 

in year two, we had a “franchise QB” for all intents and purposes. Mariota entered year 3 with MVP expectations, for better or for worse, that were obviously unwarranted. But again, look at the job Robinson did to build around that “franchise QB” on the offensive side of the ball. And when he had a chance to fix it after he was able to fire AAS’s boyfriend Mularkey, he brought in a defensive HC who’s yet to install an offensive system 

everyone wants to blame mariota. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...