Raiders trade for Zay Jones

OG_C2X

22 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I do. 

I think he's better than he's gotten credit for. Greatness unrealized? Probably not. But the guy had terrible QB play in Buffalo, where ineptitude on offense is as sure as the sunrise. 

Robert Woods wasn't supposed to be as good as he turned out in LA. Lynch was good but not Beast Mode good. McCoy was wasted there. Sammy Watkins. 

Is he a sure thing? Nope. But history has been quite kind to teams taking the Bills expendable and underachieving parts. 

Zay excels at underneath routes, and Gruden offense is asking Carr for quick hitting pass plays. Zay could eat, and be our best wideout. I ready somewhere Mayock liked Zay more than Juju.... if we actually end up being a wild card team, we would be in the redzone alot more. 

I have an extra defense for Bills and extra TE for Waller. Going pick up Zay next week when a roster spot opens up

11 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Denarius Moore will always have that game against the Chargers and Bills his rookie year. He was so good in those two games. 

I was at the Bills game that year.  He was absolutely amazing in that game.  I thought he bloomed right in front of me.  Turns out he was just a flash in the pan.  

Chaz Schilens - Hall of Fame player....if he wasn't made of glass! :)

On Zay Jones, my initial comments were that I was underwhelmed by the move, but I have went back and looked at as much play from college and the NFL as I could, and he does look like he could be one of those players that just needs the right coach / scheme to flourish. So I am changing my position, I think he could be quite a good acquisition - I am on the Zay-train (lol). 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Heart of Oak said:

Chaz Schilens - Hall of Fame player....if he wasn't made of glass! :)

On Zay Jones, my initial comments were that I was underwhelmed by the move, but I have went back and looked at as much play from college and the NFL as I could, and he does look like he could be one of those players that just needs the right coach / scheme to flourish. So I am changing my position, I think he could be quite a good acquisition - I am on the Zay-train (lol). 

I feel the exact same way.  Chaz could have been great.

Hopefully this Zay guy can catch some passes and plays better than our PS WRs.