Raiders release WR JJ Nelson; re-sign WR Marcell Ateman

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

It's been a down position for years. Nice little moment with Cooper/Crabtree briefly, but it's been void of real talent for years. 

Williams will be a staple and he's going to churn to find others. They will be active in the draft no doubt.

We can probably thrive with another high end 2 opposite of Williams. If Jones can lock down the slot with Waller and Moreau we can maybe be a Eagles type pass catching group with a lot of depth 

Edited by SimonGruber

I knew our wideouts might have been the worst in the nfl, but I like the recent moves to address it!

ideally- 

1- ???? Big offseason need

2- Williams- is a so so two, being a 1 this year will damper his value 

3- Renfrow- hopefully he develops over the course of the year 

4- Zay Jones- likely to fill in as a starter WR2, provided much needed depth

5 - Trevor Davis WR- elite speed, Young Harris but can actually contribute on offense... 

6th Doss/Ateman- whoever in that last spot 

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I knew our wideouts might have been the worst in the nfl, but I like the recent moves to address it!

ideally- 

1- ???? Big offseason need

2- Williams- is a so so two, being a 1 this year will damper his value 

3- Renfrow- hopefully he develops over the course of the year 

4- Zay Jones- likely to fill in as a starter WR2, provided much needed depth

5 - Trevor Davis WR- elite speed, Young Harris but can actually contribute on offense... 

6th Doss/Ateman- whoever in that last spot 

The first part about Tyrell is just wrong, and the bold makes ZERO sense AT ALL!

First off, Tyrell is a High End WR2, borderline WR1, but that is opinion based and we all know your opinions are terrible.

But bold part is the part I really want to talk about. How does matching up vs CB1's all year hurt his value moving forward? If anything it should in theory make him BETTER thus giving him MORE value. 

Please delete your account and don't create a new one this time.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Can someone define "#1 WR". It's just loosely being tossed around here and I'd like to know what everyone thinks a #1 WR is exactly.

I can. There's not even 1 on each team. To fit the fan's description, a dominant player who teams struggle to stop and/or gameplan for. Someone for whom putting up 100 yard games isn't a struggle, multiple TD games occur, and perhaps an occasional high 100s to 200 yard game. AB, Gordon once upon a time maybe still, past AJ Green, Cooper (sorry detractors), Beckham, Thomas, Jones, Hopkins, Thielen, Allen, Hill, etc. Of course there are outliers, who if you are using a broad definition they will be of that same quality. Edelman, Kelce, Engram, Kittle, etc.. Sorry to disturb Raider fans, but by any sane definition Waller is a #1 this year thus far. I have no doubt this will be debated by someone being as snarky as possible, but oh well. That's probably what I get for posting..

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Can someone define "#1 WR". It's just loosely being tossed around here and I'd like to know what everyone thinks a #1 WR is exactly.

For me a #1 WR can be the focal point of a passing attack and consistently produce, despite DC's preparing for them and facing bracketing and/or double coverage. I think I complied a list pre season and I had 16 #1 WR in the NFL. 

• Like 1