49ER LEGEND APPRECIATION THREAD

N4L

Who is your all time favorite 49er?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your all time favorite 49er?

• Joe Montana
    • Jerry Rice
    • Steve Young
    • Ronnie Lott
    • Pat Willis
    • Navarro Bowman
    • Tom Rathman
    • T.O.
    • Frank Gore
    • Justin Smith
    • Joe Staley
    • OTHER

Remarkable spotlight on Candlestick 10 years after the final 49ers game. I'm a bay area native, so this hit me in the heart. Mostly good vibes though, as there were so many awesome memories there. Just really wish there actually was something developed there instead of an empty lot. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1983 NFC Divisional Playoff: Lions at 49ers (remastered via NFL Throwback YouTube channel)

Battle of division winners as the Lions waltz into Candlestick to take on the 49ers. Despite intercepting Lions QB 5 times, and winning the turnover ratio +3, the 49ers were barely victorious via a missed field goal by Eddie Murray. Eddie had hit a 54 yarder earlier in the game, but croaked on a 43 yarder with 11 seconds left.

• 2 weeks later...

Those Patrick Willis vs Adam Carriker debates leading up to the 2007 draft were epic on 49ers.com, classic BPA vs need debate 

I went back and forth on those debates. I really though Carriker could be a Richard Seymour type of player. But i loved me some Willis too. 

We ended up solving that need big time anyways when we signed Justin Smith a year later in FA. 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Those Patrick Willis vs Adam Carriker debates leading up to the 2007 draft were epic on 49ers.com, classic BPA vs need debate 

LOL

the funny thing is that debate was bigger than even on there. Like, I remember those debates at various places and I was never on 49ers.com and hadn't joined here yet. That was a real, huge thing 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I went back and forth on those debates. I really though Carriker could be a Richard Seymour type of player. But i loved me some Willis too. 

We ended up solving that need big time anyways when we signed Justin Smith a year later in FA. 

I totally forgot about that on that board. What a wild time. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Yep, I was in on (some) of those... the wrong side it ended up being too. Very rarely so happy to be wrong.