#FireJasonGarrett

WizardHawk

3 minutes ago, Ace5 said:

Part of the problem with the play-action sets is you need that extra second of time in order to get the play off because the quarterback doesn't have his eyes down the field and can't see what's happened. With two offensive tackles out you have to change your game plan around a little bit. I get that. But running 90% of the time on first down is not going to free things up. Telling Zeke Elliott to slam his head as hard as he can into the offensive guards tailbone like its 1992 is not going to help set up play-action or take pressure off the tackles. It just puts the down-and-distance at 2nd and 3rd and long which then puts those tackles on even more of an island. It's just pathetic coaching.

This has been what I have seen as well. I am super happy Zeke is improved, but we dont need to revert our game plan 30 years because of it. Especially since Zeke has been catching better. What happened to the 5 yard dump off we ran like crazy with Murray? It gets you into 2nd and short, it takes our less than stellar OL out of the equation. 

26 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This has been what I have seen as well. I am super happy Zeke is improved, but we dont need to revert our game plan 30 years because of it. Especially since Zeke has been catching better. What happened to the 5 yard dump off we ran like crazy with Murray? It gets you into 2nd and short, it takes our less than stellar OL out of the equation. 

I think ive seen the designed swing pass from every team this year but us. Spread the D out get Zeke against corners with a head of steam. 

You know what other play i miss? The shotgun play action draw. Spread the D out with four wide, show em pass and hand it off. Romo used to fake it like a king. Great 2nd and 6-10 play. Catch em in hurry up after first down and run it. Not 1000 times a game like we used to but break it out once a game and keep the threat real. 

Simple basic options that take a load of pressure off of back up OTs and keep Dak from constantly facing 3rd and 7 or more. It should be obvious. 

• Like 1

We waste careers and misuse talent. Unless Garrett is gone it doesnt matter even HoF come through from out next drafts. We lack innovative coaching in pressure situations. 

Every day Garrett is our coach right now makes me sick to my stomach.

My local sports radio had the perfect quote about Garrett:

You never expect Jason Garrett to outcoach someone else.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

We waste careers and misuse talent. Unless Garrett is gone it doesnt matter even HoF come through from out next drafts. We lack innovative coaching in pressure situations. 

Every day Garrett is our coach right now makes me sick to my stomach.

My local sports radio had the perfect quote about Garrett:

Witten, Ware, Romo, Bryant, Lee...all wasted. We keep Garrett, then we can expect to say the same about Dak, Zeke, Cooper, our OL, LVE, Jaylon, D-Law....

Among qualified QB in weeks 1-3, Dak Prescott’s play action percentage was at 39.4%, 2nd in the league. In weeks 4-6, Prescott’s play action percentage dropped to 17.2%, tied for 29th in that timespan.

This alone should be grounds to fire Garrett. Why in the hell would you go clear to the other end of the spectrum and away from what was working so well?  It’s inexplicable.
Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, WizardHawk said:
Among qualified QB in weeks 1-3, Dak Prescott’s play action percentage was at 39.4%, 2nd in the league. In weeks 4-6, Prescott’s play action percentage dropped to 17.2%, tied for 29th in that timespan.

This alone should be grounds to fire Garrett. Why in the hell would you go clear to the other end of the spectrum and away from what was working so well?  It’s inexplicable.

Kellen was getting too much credit. Can't have that now.

11 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

THAT really is madness. WTF is going on here????

And it doesn't mater that we have someone else calling plays, a HC worth his salt WOULD override anything as obvious as this. GAME PLAN.. GAME PLAN... GAME PLAN!!!!