Week 7 GDT - Washington Redskins vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

24 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Perhaps. I just think if you have a good team that "issue" will take care of itself. 

Flying east is 10x harder than flying west and it's also a long flight. It's a proven fact. 

Sure, you can overcome it, but that doesn't mean it's not a clear disadvantage

34 minutes ago, N4L said:

Flying east is 10x harder than flying west and it's also a long flight. It's a proven fact. 

Sure, you can overcome it, but that doesn't mean it's not a clear disadvantage

Wasn't debating the logistics. I'm saying in terms defining the quality of a football team, that aspect is negligible. Certainly hasn't given an advantage to the Jets, Dolphins, or Bills the last 20 years.

6 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Basically if we just need to stop AP. 

Yeah, respect to AP, but one of the few concerns of the Redskins' offense would be a dump pass to Thompson that he YACs out on. 

All the better, should he miss this game, which now seems likely. :) 

22 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

He did add a moment later he liked working with the players there.

Forgot that Kyle potentially has an axe to grind with this game. Wouldn't be surprised if he is in a position to run up the score a little, he'll do it.

If he has the chance, he's running up the score I think. 

14 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If he has the chance, he's running up the score I think. 

I think he's smart and mature enough to know he wants to run up the score, but that it is not what is required of him. I think if he can get the running game going strong, he'll just punish the redskins defense all the way til the end. But I don't think he'll dial up deep passes in the fourth quarter just to stick it to the redskins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

I think he's smart and mature enough to know he wants to run up the score, but that it is not what is required of him. I think if he can get the running game going strong, he'll just punish the redskins defense all the way til the end. But I don't think he'll dial up deep passes in the fourth quarter just to stick it to the redskins.

Definitely think he'd rather rush for over 300 yards on their defense than beat them 62-3

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I'd take both, honestly. 

Just assuming here but I think the score is irrelevant. I think he'd much rather physically dominant both lines of scrimmage and watch his RBs run around, over, and through their defense. Demoralize their competitive spirit if you will. Whether that equates to 21-0, 28-3, 35-6 I don't think would matter that much at the end of the day.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Just assuming here but I think the score is irrelevant. I think he'd much rather physically dominant both lines of scrimmage and watch his RBs run around, over, and through their defense. Demoralize their competitive spirit if you will. Whether that equates to 21-0, 28-3, 35-6 I don't think would matter that much at the end of the day.

I hope the above registered as a joke. Obviously I agree. In fact, I'd rather 21-0 in a game with a heavy run to pass ratio designed to get the game over quickly injury-free.

• Like 1

https://www.redskins.com/news/redskins-49ers-game-preview-week-7

Putting Pressure on Jimmy Garappolo -- The Redskins defense has registered back-to-back games with four or more sacks. With offensive line starters Joe Staley and Mike McGlinchey out due to injury, they'll have an opportunity to extend that streak. Expect defensive coordinator Greg Manusky to dial up some blitz packages early and often against the 49ers' signal caller.

Since coming back from injury in Week 4, cornerback Quinton Dunbar has been on a tear, recording three interceptions, four pass breakups and 13 total tackles.

Offensive Coordinator Kevin O’Connell vs. defensive coordinator Robert Saleh -- A matchup to watch on the sidelines Sunday will be the schematics of the Redskins new run-heavy offense against the 49ers defense. O'Connell and Saleh will play a chess match as the game progresses.

15 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

I agree. We pretty much dominated the Rams and only scored 20 points. That's fine. Doesn't deter from the fact we manhandled them. If we get 8 sacks and 200 rushing yards, I think Kyle is all smiles at the end of the day.

• Like 1