Week 7 GDT - Washington Redskins vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I was just about to post that about the dropbacks / sacks. 

Defense is just ridiculously good. Not great against the run, but in today's NFL, it isn't nearly as important as it once was. Our secondary has been VERY disciplined and our pass rush is obviously insane. 

Don't even remember the Redskins gaining that many yards to be honest. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sherm said:

So anybody else thinking we can get 3 guys over 10 sacks this season. Bosa and Ford for sure. Armstead has 3.5 and Buck has 3. Love our defense

Don't see it. Will get one for sure, possibly two and then have Buckner/Armstead around the 7-8 sack range. 

• Like 1

Just now, 757-NINER said:

I'd air on the side of caution and bring him back against the Hawks. 

I'm bringing him back against the Cardinals if he is ready to go. I do not want to see Skule isolated against Jones. Shift him to the right side and let Staley get back at LT.

All these injuries to the OL and Juice Check are really killing our offense. Not only is our run game taking a hit, but our pass protection is bad as well. 

Oh well, still 6-0 despite all these injuries and these guys will be returning soon.

I think Panthers will squeak out a win next week. Their front is just too good for a 4th and 5th OT to survive for 4 quarters and not get our QB killed. And Jimmy G has yet to show me that he can manufacture plays in this passing offense. I don't see that magic he had had with the 5-0 run back in 2017. Its as if he played much more confident, much more decisive when he didn't know the offense, inside-out. He just looks very suspect in the pocket. He makes some boneheaded decisions with the ball and that Panthers defense WILL make him pay. Our defense will show up but I dont think it will be enough. Would love to be wrong but I don't have a good feeling about next week...

Our passing offense will figure it out. Jimmy is amazing on third down, and right now that is enough. It meshes with the run game, causing a ball control offense to go along with a suffocating defense. That's a winning formula. 

We literally played today not to lose. We didn't lose. I'd say it was a good plan. 

9 minutes ago, N4L said:

Our passing offense will figure it out.

Eh. Maybe. I don't think it'll be bad, but I don't think it'll be great. But being good enough is more than enough. I expect positive regression in this regard as the season goes on, especially as we get healthy, which hopefully will counteract any potential defensive regression we have as the competition ramps up. 

11 minutes ago, N4L said:

Jimmy is amazing on third down, and right now that is enough. It meshes with the run game, causing a ball control offense to go along with a suffocating defense. That's a winning formula. 

Absolutely. The passing offense just needs to be competent. I'd like it to be more explosive at times, for sure, but I can live without big passing plays since we get them in the run game at a good clip. We do need to clean up the red zone. That's the kind of stuff that will definitely cost you a game (obviously today can be excluded as a whole...you really can't take anything whatsoever from this game because of the conditions). 

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

One thing going slightly under the radar is that we are 6-0 with four of those wins on the road. We have already played half our road schedule. Will be having three consecutive home games soon as well. 

4 of the next 5 are at home so we could really set ourselves up for the stretch run.

• Like 1