Week 7 GDT - Washington Redskins vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Week 12 I wouldn't be surprised if they flex out Seahawks/Eagles for our game against the Packers. I mean you pretty HAVE to do that if both teams continue winning at this pace. 

I would love that. Nothing like night games at home. 

5 hours ago, Forge said:

We should have taken Mclaurin lol

Seriously though, I had AJ higher than Deebo, but went ahead took Deebo because I thought the niners had a plan. As it turns out, they did. We just haven't seen him yet. Brown would function very similarly to Hurd in this offense I think, and I think we were always going to take Hurd if he was there. 

Deebo has had moments. I'm not regretting that pick at the current point in time

This reminded me that though I have come around on Pettis, I still feel like that pick should have been DJ Chark. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dub_City30 said:

Just a random thought. What defense is better the one in 2012 oe this one this year. This defense this year is playing at an all time great performance but that 2012 defense had some top heavy talent. We had Bowman, Willis, A Smith. J Smith, Whitner and T Brown

Hard to say. It's only been 6 games. By this point in 2012 the 49ers defense was still super fierce, even with losses to the Giants and Vikings. It faded down the stretch though in the final quarter of the season. Especially when Justin Smith injured his triceps. By the time the playoffs started, they weren't as dominant. Hopefully that doesn't happen to the 49ers this year. Definitely have more faith in our current secondary compared to what we had then. I really miss our four star linebackers though. Justin Smith was our best player, but Nick Bosa looks like the guy the 49ers have finally acquired to replace him.

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, John232 said:

PFF is such a bad grading system sometimes. Seeing via Twitter his grade isn’t even top 5 for our defense.

Who are you referring to? Bosa? 

Yeah, he's definitely been a top 2 defender on our team. You can argue between him and Armstead for being the best. Ford has been ridiculously productive in his limited snaps, but he's really only been used in passing situations since the Bengals game. 

15 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Who are the top five? If you're talking about Bosa, I find that hard to believe. 

I believe Bosa is #3 behind Armstead and Ford...Which honestly isn't THAT crazy. I put Bosa ahead of Ford in terms of impact, but no question that Ford in his limited snaps has been awesome. I mean Ford at this point hardly plays in the base so the thing he is worst at doesn't show up and his pass rushing numbers have been pretty elite. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Who are you referring to? Bosa? 

Yeah, he's definitely been a top 2 defender on our team. You can argue between him and Armstead for being the best. Ford has been ridiculously productive in his limited snaps, but he's really only been used in passing situations since the Bengals game. 

25 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Who are the top five? If you're talking about Bosa, I find that hard to believe. 

Yes. It was Bosa. Sorry for not specifying. My jowls were shaking as I switched over to FF on my phone. Didn't stop to clarify. 

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

So why wasn't there a flag on the hit on Goodwin that knocked him out of the game?

Refs are terrible. Plain and simple. But there were a couple of penalties that they missed that would have went against us as well. In fact, I think we were more the beneficiary of the refs' ineptitude rather than the victim. 

• Like 2

Wow. Did not get to see the game live, here in Sooner country, but that's why I have Gamepass--cannot be a fan without it, I now realize!

Such an ugly and sloppy game. Ugh. Still, it's a win. And we only have 4 more road games left?! Did I read that correctly?! Nice, if that is really the case. 3 of those are Seattle, Ariz and Baltimore, I believe. Won't be easy.

6 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Wow. Did not get to see the game live, here in Sooner country, but that's why I have Gamepass--cannot be a fan without it, I now realize!

Such an ugly and sloppy game. Ugh. Still, it's a win. And we only have 4 more road games left?! Did I read that correctly?! Nice, if that is really the case. 3 of those are Seattle, Ariz and Baltimore, I believe. Won't be easy.

yepp.. lahst chekt, wea haz 6 hoame and 4 rode gaimes lefte    :)