Week 7 GDT - Washington Redskins vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

7 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Yeah...he's a goner. Gonna get a fat deal in free agency. At least we have Soloman Thomas to fill the void. :) 

He's taken such a huge step forward this year. Trey Flowers really crushed that market last year because I think AA is going to end up with like 8 sacks and when you combine that with his strong all around play, that's an 18 million / year player based on what the Lions gave Flowers this off season.

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's taken such a huge step forward this year. Trey Flowers really crushed that market last year because I think AA is going to end up with like 8 sacks and when you combine that with his strong all around play, that's an 18 million / year player based on what the Lions gave Flowers this off season.

Yeah, the flip side is Buckner might end up costing about the same which is less than what I thought he was going to made after last year. Armstead has just been playing like a man possessed..or a man who knows he can get paid a loooot of money. I'll be happy for him as long as he leaves the NFCW

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, John232 said:

Yeah, the flip side is Buckner might end up costing about the same which is less than what I thought he was going to made after last year. Armstead has just been playing like a man possessed..or a man who knows he can get paid a loooot of money. I'll be happy for him as long as he leaves the NFCW

Buckner is going to get more than Armstead. I think his play will pick up as the season goes and he has prior seasons superior to Armstead's.

But I've liked what I've seen from Solly from the interior on pass rushing downs and we know he could hold the edge as a DE. So he can take over Armstead's spot next year while we continue using Ford mainly just for nickel downs, which is where he thrives. We will be just fine going forward with our front even without Armstead. But I'd REALLY like to re-sign Blair. 

Buckner/Thomas/Ford/Bosa/Taylor/Jones/Blair still will be one of the top 3 DL's in the game, if not the best. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

It was probably posted here but Jimmy was 8/8 after the pick.

I liked this comment I saw elsewhere:

For those who don't realize how difficult it is for a quarterback to play well in a mud bowl, let me give you some perspective: The last NFL game that can be considered a Mud Bowl was in 2007 when the Steelers defeated the Dolphins, 3-0. Ben Roethlisberger, a 6-time Pro Bowler, including being selected in 2007, had one of the worst performances in his career. The next most recent Mud Bowl was during the 1983 AFC Championship Game where the Dolphins defeated the Jets 14-0. Miami's defense held Jets QB Richard Todd to only 15 completions. In another Mud Bowl Game, back in 1977, the Vikings defeated the Rams 14-7. Hall of Fame QB Fran Tarkenton was injured in that game.

I remember that 2007 game between the Steelers and Dolphins. Hands down one of the worst games ever, and it's my pick for the worst MNF game ever even if I haven't seen them all. 

At least the 49ers didn't have any significant injuries. A miracle. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I liked this comment I saw elsewhere:

I remember that 2007 game between the Steelers and Dolphins. Hands down one of the worst games ever, and it's my pick for the worst MNF game ever even if I haven't seen them all. 

At least the 49ers didn't have any significant injuries. A miracle. 

Outside of winning, this was the biggest takeaway from the game.

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Buckner is going to get more than Armstead. I think his play will pick up as the season goes and he has prior seasons superior to Armstead's.

But I've liked what I've seen from Solly from the interior on pass rushing downs and we know he could hold the edge as a DE. So he can take over Armstead's spot next year while we continue using Ford mainly just for nickel downs, which is where he thrives. We will be just fine going forward with our front even without Armstead. But I'd REALLY like to re-sign Blair. 

Buckner/Thomas/Ford/Bosa/Taylor/Jones/Blair still will be one of the top 3 DL's in the game, if not the best. 

I really like Taylor. Probably more than most. His presence in the rotation next year makes losing Armstead much less painful imo. As you said, the D-Line will still be downright scary next year. Especially if guys like Street and Givens develop to go along with the usual suspects.

I can live w/o Blair though. Not that he's bad or anything. Just think what he brings could be replicated by a mid round pick instead of resigning him to more money. Wouldn't be upset if we did resign him to a decent deal. Just don't believe its makes much of a difference if we don't.

Crazy how AA is finally living up to his potential. I've always thought highly of his skillset but he just could not stay on the field long enough to put it all together. Then with the scheme switch and them asking him to slim down and having him play some Leo, he could never get his bearings. But he's definitely playing at a All-Pro level so far. I'm happy for him....and us.

Edited by 757-NINER

5 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I really like Taylor. Probably more than most. His presence in the rotation next year makes losing Armstead much less painful imo. As you said, the D-Line will still be downright scary next year. Especially if guys like Street and Givens develop to go along with the usual suspects.

I can live w/o Blair though. Not that he's bad or anything. Just think what he brings could be replicated by a mid round pick instead of resigning him to more money. Wouldn't be upset if we did resign him to a decent deal. Just don't believe its makes much of a difference if we don't.

He's the best outside rusher other than Bosa, Armstead and Ford. I do think he is valuable and we should make an offer to him.

1 minute ago, Chrissooner49er said:

He's the best outside rusher other than Bosa, Armstead and Ford. I do think he is valuable and we should make an offer to him.

He's the only outside rusher besides Ford & Bosa soooooo yeeeeaaaaaa, he should be the best after those three, he's the only DE left lol. When we were struggling to find edge rushers these past two years,  he was no where to be found....or have ppl forgotten. Decent but he's nothing to write home about. The presence of Ford and Bosa along with the emergence of Armstead hasn't changed that. Its just now easier for him to make plays...which he has taken full advantage of. 

47 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

He's the only outside rusher besides Ford & Bosa soooooo yeeeeaaaaaa, he should be the best after those three, he's the only DE left lol. When we were struggling to find edge rushers these past two years,  he was no where to be found....or have ppl forgotten. Decent but he's nothing to write home about. The presence of Ford and Bosa along with the emergence of Armstead hasn't changed that. Its just now easier for him to make plays...which he has taken full advantage of. 

Well, that is because at times he was used as our #1 or #2 pass rusher along with Marsh, and obviously he is not that. But as an situational #3 edge rusher? He is very solid and he's played good ball all season long against both the run and pass. Losing Armstead is almost academic, but would be a bit upset if we also lose Blair. 

• Like 1