Rams CB Marcus Peters traded to Ravens for Kenny Young, pick

AFlaccoSeagulls

37 minutes ago, N4L said:
57 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

We just moved off $5.8mil  and Talib going on IR i think takes his contract off the table. Look for the Rams to push for Jalen Ramsey with these moves being the precedessors to that. GOing to get interesting in the next few days. Maybe Trent Williams with the new cap space.

That's not how it works. Talib still counts against the cap

Also @BStanRamFan this move doesn't save the rams 5.8 million. that is peters full base salary for the entire season, of which he has already received 6 of 17 paychecks.

He gets paid 345k per week. His remaining salary for the season is $3,797,055. Young is owed $485,294 for the remainder of the season. 

This move saves the rams 3,311,761. They have like 6 million now or something.

Ramsey isn't going to solve the rams problems imo. They need OL help

• Like 1

My take on this is that we want to run more M2M (especially press man). Peters needs to play in a zone scheme. David Long is a super talented press man CB. But he has been inactive thus far because we rarely run press man coverage. I expect that to change. I think Wade was sick of zone coverage, and he needed to upgrade on Troy Reeder at ILB (who is terrible).

• Like 3

Just now, jrry32 said:

My take on this is that we want to run more M2M (especially press man). Peters needs to play in a zone scheme. David Long is a super talented press man CB. But he has been inactive thus far because we rarely run press man coverage. I expect that to change. I think Wade was sick of zone coverage, and he needed to upgrade on Troy Reeder at ILB (who is terrible).

You called it. Maybe Rams need to hire you as GM. But only if you bring me on as assistant GM 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rocky_rams said:

You called it. Maybe Rams need to hire you as GM. But only if you bring me on as assistant GM 

Snead is good at his job (mistakes on the OL, notwithstanding). The Jaguars are the ones who should hire me lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Snead is good at his job (mistakes on the OL, notwithstanding). The Jaguars are the ones who should hire me lol.

Snead really is one of the better GMs.  I’m happy with his work so far. Completely revamped our team in a year after fisher 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

welp...

Peters has not been bad this season. People need to understand that on certain plays, he expects help over the top (Weddle admitted to blowing that coverage on the one long TD against TB).

He has't been good either, but he's not this cancer that everyone is making him out to be. If we didn't make this move to clear cap space for another move, I hate it. 

Just now, jrry32 said:

If you play catch man, he's manageable (he'll get burnt gambling and won't tackle 80% of the time, so prepare yourself for that). If you play press man, I'm very sorry.

We play "start 10 yards off the ball and let everything be caught in front of you as you run 2-3 steps behind your guy" man. How is he in that?

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We play "start 10 yards off the ball and let everything be caught in front of you as you run 2-3 steps behind your guy" man. How is he in that?

He'll be fine in that scheme. Just don't expect any consistency with tackling, especially on running plays to his side. He's generally good in off coverage. Like I said, though, he'll get burnt on occasion when he gambles. And it'll infuriate you. I remember getting ticked at him (for the hundredth time) against SF for gambling on a whip route and getting burnt for a first down completion. Dude had Weddle helping inside and still bit on the inside fake instead of staying outside. Our pass rush was all over Garoppolo on the play, but because Peters got beat so badly, he was able to get it out to the wide open WR quickly to avoid the sack. Prepare for plenty of those moments.

Still, press man coverage is where he's truly terrible. So at least you won't be having him do that.