Rams CB Marcus Peters traded to Ravens for Kenny Young, pick

AFlaccoSeagulls

1 hour ago, HoboRocket said:

Wouldn't Jimmy Smith, Brandon Carr, and Marlon Humphrey ALL be above him? Once Jimmy's healthy, at least? That's a pretty good secondary. 

Match Humphrey up against Kupp. Put Carr on Woods and Peters on Cooks. If you're going to get burnt anyways on we plays, you want to get burnt by the guy that you're planning on burning you. Woods and Kupp both need sure tacklers. Peters' gambling might pay off on a play or two against Cooks. Limiting Kupp and Woods after the catch is important.

Am I reading this right? You say Woods needs a sure tackler covering him so you’d put Peters on him?

58 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

My take on this is that we want to run more M2M (especially press man). Peters needs to play in a zone scheme. David Long is a super talented press man CB. But he has been inactive thus far because we rarely run press man coverage. I expect that to change. I think Wade was sick of zone coverage, and he needed to upgrade on Troy Reeder at ILB (who is terrible).

Reeder definitely looked like a weak link Sunday. Young is plenty fast & athletic. Just not a real heady type you want in the middle. Didn't think Kiser's injury would have affected your ILBs the way that is has. 

• Like 1

Just now, 757-NINER said:

Reeder definitely looked like a weak link Sunday. Young is plenty fast & athletic. Just not a real heady type you want in the middle. Didn't think Kiser's injury would have affected your ILBs the way that is has. 

We were doing pretty well until Hager went down. Defense has completely fallen apart since that time. Not saying Reeder is the cause. Just noting something that is probably coincidental, more than anything.

• Like 1

In KC, outside of his first year, he refused to tackle. I say refused because he definitely can, just doesn't. That was the thing I despised about him the most but #2 was the cushions he gives are always outrageous. It could be 3 n 5 and he's giving a 15 yard cushion. He likes to jump routes and that's how he made a bunch of splash plays but how he always go roasted. 

Factor in the tantrums and I'd bet that's why he's out of LA as well.

12 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Am I reading this right? You say Woods needs a sure tackler covering him so you’d put Peters on him?

No no no no no. I said put Carr on Woods. I said to put Peters on Cooks, since he'll probably burn the Ravens anyways. Might as well have that increased chance of a splash play.

13 hours ago, jrry32 said:

My take on this is that we want to run more M2M (especially press man). Peters needs to play in a zone scheme. David Long is a super talented press man CB. But he has been inactive thus far because we rarely run press man coverage. I expect that to change. I think Wade was sick of zone coverage, and he needed to upgrade on Troy Reeder at ILB (who is terrible).

Fantastic take. I was thinking the same thing. David Long didn't put up huge numbers at Michigan, but he had fantastic grades from PFF because he literally erased receivers week in and week out. He allowed a super low passer rating and wasn't targeted very often. I had Long, Lonnie Johnson, and Jamel Dean as the top-three press man corners in the class, in that order.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bmorecareful said:

But why not keep peters and pair him with Ramsey... still find it kinda retarded but hey that’s just me 

Because Peters can't play in a press man scheme and Ramsey hates playing zone. We traded Peter's because his skillset forced us to run a zone-heavy scheme that wasn't effective.

Edited by jrry32