Corbett traded to Rams

NateDawg

10 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I'll be bummed if we let him walk.

It's one of those things that when/if it happens, all we will want to focus on in the offseason is how bad he was at tackling at stopping the run.  Then I can see our defense falling apart at the seams as Takitaki gets swallowed by offensive guards and has 0 instincts in coverage.

Just my feel about how that situation will go.  We could be ok if it happens, but I don't really wanna find out.  Tretter probably is more important at this point, but I have Schobert as a much higher priority than Randall.  So if we can keep 2/3 that's good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Remember I told y’all I NEVER LIKED THE PICK

Yall wanna keep giving excuses. I call it like I see it. Dumb *** pick he had no position 

There was so much talent on the board and we wasted the 33rd pick 

wow man 

y’all wanna keep giving people excuses I call it like I see it dumb move that was never going to work 

brownie man
  • brownie man
  • Veteran Members
  • 11,044 posts
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, bzane said:

brownie man

• brownie man
  • Veteran Members
  • 11,044 posts

I posted what I found. 

didn’t ever say it was my opinion I was just trying to make sense of the dumbest pick of that entire draft. 

I don’t know what they were thinking and ever after the draft in the press conferences they couldn’t explain their reasoning. 

if your going back to that please repost all the other ones of me calling it stupid 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I don't think we should take Schobert off the field ever.

He is really good, but asking a guy to play every defensive snap of a game, especially in the front 7 seems extreme. All Im saying is that if the coaches thought Takitaki was good to go--he would at least be subbing out Schobert for a breather 5-8 snaps per game. 

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

When they said they were going to start him out at LT/RT given his film, I knew we had a serious misevaluation on the guy.

Zo HighSmith thought he was a Center from the beginning b/c of his slow feet. Eliot Wolf thought he could play Tackle. Will be interesting to see where the Rams try him out.

It's another reminder lesson to myself; don't draft an OL even if they have nastiness and violent hands (as Corbett did) if they don't have good feet.

We'll either start him at LG or use him as a backup G/C. I wouldn't be surprised if he develops into a solid player for us. Kromer really excels with high IQ OLs who have great hands. He took Austin Blythe from getting cut by a Colts team with a bad OL (at that point) to a solid RG. And he has had a lot of success throughout his career developing college OTs into quality OGs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

We'll either start him at LG or use him as a backup G/C. I wouldn't be surprised if he develops into a solid player for us. Kromer really excels with high IQ OLs who have great hands. He took Austin Blythe from getting cut by a Colts team with a bad OL (at that point) to a solid RG. And he has had a lot of success throughout his career developing college OTs into quality OGs.

best of luck,  we do better with our 5ths than our 2nds and 3rds so win-win really. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

He’s a backup right now but he will develop into a decent player.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Probably center. I don't think he'll be an average guard in his career but he could reach that at center. I mean, Kush is a lot better at guard than him. Kush.

To be fair, Kush has been a very above avg run blocker this year. 

22 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

To be fair, Kush has been a very above avg run blocker this year. 

Well PFF has him at 48 overall. By far the worst on our line. Worse than Cam Erving. Not saying PFF is good at judging O-Linemen but I think it is fair to say Kush is average overall at the very best and that is probably extremely generous. Yet Corbett was given every opportunity to win the RG spot failed miserably to Kush, which makes you believe Corbett is either a long way from being ready, won't ever be ready or we can't tell the difference in ability at the O-Line position. I'm leaning towards one of the first two.

He did look better at center, serviceable even some of the time. Was dominated there too some of the time though. I'll take the 5th and try to turn it into something, those chances are better than with Corbett imo.

• Like 1