Trent Williams anyone???

buno67

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Well, your SB window is during Baker's rookie contract.  Trent should still be playing at a high level throughout that window.  

since the rookie wage scale? how many QBs won superbowl that were on that first contract? Seattle with Wilson and Ravens with Flacco? Eagles and Wentz but they were also paying Foles huge money, so that might not count...

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

since the rookie wage scale? how many QBs won superbowl that were on that first contract? Seattle with Wilson and Ravens with Flacco? Eagles and Wentz but they were also paying Foles huge money, so that might not count...

Since when is a 2-year, $11mm contract "huge money"?

Flacco was drafted before the rookie wage scale, but he was making less than $7mm the year he won the SB, so in effect, it's the same thing.

Brady skews the stat when considering only Super Bowl wins (and he famously makes far less than he should), but consider how many teams have made it to the SB with their QB's on rookie contracts since the implementation of the wage scale:

49ers in 2013

Seahawks in 2014

Seahawks in 2015

Eagles in 2018

Rams in 2019

The only exceptions were Brady, Manning, Newton, and Ryan.  Two of those are all-time greats and the other two were MVPs the season they made it to the SB.

Maximizing your window when your QB is on his rookie contract is the obvious formula for making it to the SB.  Once Brady retires, it will likely become the obvious formula for winning it.

Washington's incompetent FO not entertaining trades is going to likely save us from ourselves and protect our draft capital heading into what I can tell so far is one of the most special drafts in years likely eclipsing the depth of talent available in 2017.

Like in 2017, I had 53 prospects with 1st round grades. I've only been through 28 prospects potentially coming out this year that I think are 1st rounders but I haven't yet begun to get close to fully checking out the draft talent pool.

Now, can we find our future LT this year? That's to be seen.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Most QBs suck *** when they’re taking a beating and seeing ghosts because of constant pressure. 

Tbh that really hasn’t been his issue.

He’s made a couple bad throws, doesn’t have much chemistry with OBJ, has not received much help in general from his receivers and has generally just been unlucky (dropped passes becoming picks, etc).

For example.

The numbers look awful, but he’s played better than the numbers indicate.  The WR’s have been far worse, which doesn’t even seem like it could be a thing, but it has been.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Against Seattle.

O sacks and 0 pressures.

3 interceptions and a fumble.

How does Trent Williams fix that?

You guys would obviously know his issues better than I would, but it doesn’t necessarily have to be the pressure generated in the same game that has him seeing ghosts, i.e., pressure that’s not there, leading to head-scratching throws and decision-making.  It could be pressure and the hits he took throughout the course of the season or him seeing how terrible his protection is in practice.  Happens all the time. 

Edited by HTTRDynasty

On 10/19/2019 at 12:08 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

Well, your SB window is during Baker's rookie contract.  Trent should still be playing at a high level throughout that window.  

Disagree......as Tom Brady, Ben Rothlessburger, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Drew Brees and Arron Rogers......as NONE of them were on their rookie contracts when they won their most recent Superbowls......

Just trying to understand your logic?

9 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Disagree......as Tom Brady, Ben Rothlessburger, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Drew Brees and Arron Rogers......as NONE of them were on their rookie contracts when they won their most recent Superbowls......

Just trying to understand your logic?

You do realize that most of those guys you named won the SB before the rookie wage scale was implemented, right? 

35 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

You do realize that most of those guys you named won the SB before the rookie wage scale was implemented, right? 

Correct.....and since they all won their most recent SB's when they were not on their rookie contracts......how does a rookie wage scale affect them and their teams that resigned them (not on a rookie contract, so your logic about a "Teams SB window" being while the QB is on a rookie wage scale)

This almost sounds like your agreeing with me against what your original point communicated.....

21 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Correct.....and since they all won their most recent SB's when they were not on their rookie contracts......how does a rookie wage scale affect them and their teams that resigned them (not on a rookie contract, so your logic about a "Teams SB window" being while the QB is on a rookie wage scale)

This almost sounds like your agreeing with me against what your original point communicated.....

Am I being trolled?

The lack of a rookie wage scale meant there were no other teams you'd be competing against that have QB's on extremely cheap contracts.  When it was implemented, it introduced a significant advantage to teams that could build their rosters without paying a large percentage of the cap to the most important position on the team.  Which led to a more talented team around the QB. 

Do you get that it's harder to win against teams that can pay cheap contracts to elite talents?  For example, what the Seahawks were paying Russell Wilson during their recent Superbowl years allowed them to stack up talent and pay for expensive vet contracts elsewhere.  That wouldn't have been possible if they weren't paying pennies to Wilson.  

9 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Am I being trolled?

The lack of a rookie wage scale meant there were no other teams you'd be competing against that have QB's on extremely cheap contracts.  When it was implemented, it introduced a significant advantage to teams that could build their rosters without paying a large percentage of the cap to the most important position on the team.  Which led to a more talented team around the QB. 

Do you get that it's harder to win against teams that can pay cheap contracts to elite talents?  For example, what the Seahawks were paying Russell Wilson during their recent Superbowl years allowed them to stack up talent and pay for expensive vet contracts elsewhere.  That wouldn't have been possible if they weren't paying pennies to Wilson.  

The last time a Super Bowl champion won with their QB on the rookie pay-scale was 2013. I'd say the advantage of having a more veteran QB far outweighs the advantage of having a QB getting paid less.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

The last time a Super Bowl champion won with their QB on the rookie pay-scale was 2013. I'd say the advantage of having a more veteran QB far outweighs the advantage of having a QB getting paid less.

Again, Brady significantly skews this stat.  No other team has the luxury of the GOAT making half or less of what he's worth year after year.  That's why I included SB contenders rather than just winners.

And Foles, Eli and Flacco were making chump change the years they won it.