Williams to Browns Rumor

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

The Jaguars weren't going to trade Jalen Ramsey. The Giants weren't going to trade OBJ

I think this is all apart of negotiating (I hope). We know Bruce Allen is at least talking to another team about Trent.

I said earlier this year that Trent is probably worth a 2nd rounder and I'd take the Browns 2nd rounder in a heartbeat.

You can't compare the situations.  Williams isn't even in the building.  

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1185593667710533635?s=20

We may have the dumbest GM ever. This is depressing rationale for not trading Trent. Christ we’re screwed. 

I mean this. You all deserve better.

Its going to be rough. Bruce, good luck getting better offers for a (if not traded this year) 32 year old LT who hasn’t played in a year.

Trent could just retire now.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Bruce is either a true genius & making  Dorsey & the Browns wait in angst of desperation to up their offer for Trent in a trade right before the trade deadline.....

Or he's the dumbest person alive, on this planet.

It's truly that simple.

I don’t understand the benefit of waiting until the offseason. Team are not going to give up high picks for him.

Dorsey has been phenomenal at drafting for us. Why on Earth would he trade for a 32 LT and not just simply trust his ability to draft....?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Bruce is either a true genius & making  Dorsey & the Browns wait in angst of desperation to up their offer for Trent in a trade right before the trade deadline.....

It's truly that simple.

Browns are in their bye week.  Right before the bye week would have been the most sensible time to bring in Trent Williams.  Too late now.  Bruce Allen's brain is a mystery.

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t understand the benefit of waiting until the offseason. Team are not going to give up high picks for him.

Dorsey has been phenomenal at drafting for us. Why on Earth would he trade for a 32 LT and not just simply trust his ability to draft....?

I don't understand Bruce's thought process at all. It's like he wants to screw the team over.

Teams (or Browns--Dorsey) are desperate for a LT right now. Trent's value is as high as it will be.

He's 31, soon to be 32.

Next off season, teams can sign newly released FA OT's, prepare for the draft on LT's.

If their pick is top 5, 10 or 15? They're probably would rather hold onto that & draft their own guy....maybe offer their 2nd rounder tops for Trent.

But right now? They may offer a bit more.

And the Browns are now 2-4. If Skins got their 1st, who's to say that don't finish 5-11 or 6-10? That a borderline top 10 pick.

Get it now, while Dorsey is salivating at having Trent Williams.

Not next off season when changes his mind.

Bruce is the king of idiots. 

Nobody can be that damn stupid & be an NFL GM.

I pray, he's playing possum & then striking at it's hottest tipping point.

But the Browns bye, sure seemed like a time to strike, so Trent could get acclimated with his new team.

Bruce is an embarrassment to all mankind.

• Like 1

And this is what I’ve been saying. Either you accept that this is what the team will be for the foreseeable future and just live with it or you move on to another franchise. At this point, who cares? We aren’t a professionally run organization anyway so it’s almost better for all of us to just move on. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I don't understand Bruce's thought process at all. It's like he wants to screw the team over.

Teams (or Browns--Dorsey) are desperate for a LT right now. Trent's value is as high as it will be.

He's 31, soon to be 32.

Next off season, teams can sign newly released FA OT's, prepare for the draft on LT's.

If their pick is top 5, 10 or 15? They're probably would rather hold onto that & draft their own guy....maybe offer their 2nd rounder tops for Trent.

But right now? They may offer a bit more.

And the Browns are now 2-4. If Skins got their 1st, who's to say that don't finish 5-11 or 6-10? That a borderline top 10 pick.

Get it now, while Dorsey is salivating at having Trent Williams.

Not next off season when changes his mind.

Bruce is the king of idiots. 

Nobody can be that damn stupid & be an NFL GM.

I pray, he's playing possum & then striking at it's hottest tipping point.

But the Browns bye, sure seemed like a time to strike, so Trent could get acclimated with his new team.

Bruce is an embarrassment to all mankind.

This is 100% how I feel.

Bruce is screwing everybody.

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

It's truly that simple.

I'll go with dumbest person alive for 1000 Alex. Dorsey calling consistently tells me he has adjusted the offers maybe even given more than expected. Yet Bruce is just the *** we consistently read people write him to be! 

Edited by Skins212689

I guess, all we can do is hold out hope that Bruce is holding out till the last minute of the trade deadline.

Hoping for a late, last minute offer he can't refuse in draft picks &/or players.

But then that would take patience, psychological mind games, balls of steel & cunningness to be able to pull that off.

None of which, I presume Bruce Allen to have.

I would love for him to prove me wrong, though.

• Like 2