Jalen Ramsey traded to the Rams

Scalamania

3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Funny how you've embraced the "Jalen is a distraction" sort of thing now.  After defending him for so long, and denying it was an issue.  But it's a legit problem.  He's got one heck of an ego on him, and absolutely craves the spotlight and attention.  Now on top of it, he's got an agent who is banking on Jalen's new deal basically buying him a private island or something...it's not something you can just ignore.

Because the guy was the first 1st round pick we've hit on with HOF level potential since I've been a fan of the team. You make excuses for those types of players.

Guys like that are usually going to have a lot of diva and "me me me" in them but it sounds like to me the last several months have been a lot worse. I'd say how Jalen has handled things lately and him sitting out games with a fake back injury when he's never missed a game in his college or pro career also shows that.

Edited by .Buzz

4 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Easily. Not even a comparison between the two deals tbh.

There's clearly a comparison. Each team traded an elite defensivd player that wasn't signing a 2nd deal and wanted to get value before FA. Whether or not the value was the same is one thing but the deals are very comparable. 

• Like 2

You guys are acting like CB is the RB position of the defense. I agree I'd rather have an elite pass rusher over an elite corner, but the gap isn't as wide as you all are suggesting. A shutdown CB is still extremely valuable. Ask Belichick who he'd rather have. For a team with a reputation of being frugal, they sure break the bank for shutdown CBs.

• Like 4

If Ramsey gets back to caring about football over money, this could come out as an average deal for STL. Its basically a heavier price than CHI paid for Mack for a player that has less impact on the game and is nowhere near the locker room leader than Mack is.

To me the split from his father would scare the hell out of me. That's a huge moment in a person's life, to stop talking to your dad, who coached you up for years and from all reports is a terrific guy, because your agent got into your head and adjusted your priorities. That's scary and the attitude issues from Jalen could be a longstanding issue from this point forward IMO.