Jalen Ramsey traded to the Rams

Scalamania

9 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

No doubt. Anyone thinking they aren’t signing him long term is wrong. You dont trade that much for a rental or then franchise him. I think the contract stuff overall is overblown and they can do it with some wiggle room but it will be very interesting to see it play out.

i can only speak on my teams perspective where we got as much as we could for someone who wasn’t staying. Is Jalen better than whoever we draft with those 3 picks combined? Probably but the fact he wasn’t ever going to play again(“back issues”) kind of left us with no choice. I think we won the trade in the sense that we got more than the comp pick if he hit FA but i don’t necessarily think the Rams lost either

Oh yeah, I definitely think you won the trade for the position you guys were left in. Although I also think the Rams win the trade from where they are as a team.

For a team who was a missed FG away from being 4-2 and coming off a superbowl loss, this is a big time move. 

14 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Oh yeah, I definitely think you won the trade for the position you guys were left in. Although I also think the Rams win the trade from where they are as a team.

For a team who was a missed FG away from being 4-2 and coming off a superbowl loss, this is a big time move. 

The Jags are a 2 point conversion and a TD/2 point conversion away from being 4-2 as well.

16 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Picks are 100 percent overvalued. But for a corner, to get 2 1sts+, is extraordinary.

I'll miss Ramsey the player, he was elite and a potential HOF, but he also wasn't personally taking us anywhere. 

Picks are cheap labor for 5 years.  With the rising cap that is less important, but it still matters. For the contract they are going to have to give Ramsey, they could have signed 2 players and paid their picks

4 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Picks are cheap labor for 5 years.  With the rising cap that is less important, but it still matters. For the contract they are going to have to give Ramsey, they could have signed 2 players and paid their picks

If we're playing the "Could Of" game, those picks could be busts (how often do you hit on a pick from 18-32?). Would those two players we signed be better than Ramsey?

Moral of the story, if you can get the #1 corner in the game at 24years old, you do it.

We would of likely traded out of those picks anyway lol

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Love how everyone here is a cap expert. I trust that Snead knows more about it than most do and was fully prepared before making this big of a move. 

The Rams will pay Ramsey... and wont have much left over for other moves. That's the whole point. No one is saying they won't re-sign him other than Deon Sanders? Snead can make this deal work but he doesn't have too many other moves to make after this one. 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Well, the good news is that there's nowhere to go but up lol.

Or down, if you're Jared Goff lol

52 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

My understanding is he was willing to sign but Oakland either a) didn't want him or b) couldn't afford him with the escrow. I remember b being the reason but could be wrong. 

B is correct. Literally didn't have the money because mark Davis refused to take out a loan. He has now started to get some debt because he finally was getting/listening to sound financial advice. He is very risk adverse. Was extremely short sighted on his part 

46 minutes ago, Special Teamer said:

Just a friendly reminder to everyone that we're 3-3. Not 1-5.

With three losses in a row, two of which to division rivals. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

If we're playing the "Could Of" game, those picks could be busts (how often do you hit on a pick from 18-32?). Would those two players we signed be better than Ramsey?

Moral of the story, if you can get the #1 corner in the game at 24years old, you do it.

We would of likely traded out of those picks anyway lol

They traded for Ramsey though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

We're not cap strapped, we're still in the thick of things this year, and Ramsey will sign a long-term deal.

Your not cap strapped? You have 25 mil in cap space before you extend him in 2020. You have 108 of 160 mil locked in on 5 guys, thats 48 other guys making 52 mil so your averaging about 1.1 mil a person outside of those 5 which is clearly not the case. Your oline is arguably one of the worst in the NFL. Ramsey pulled up with a brinks truck and hes only on year 4 of his rookie deal. you think this guy is going to play without a longterm deal done? Just because its LA doesnt mean he is going to play for the same price as he is in Jax. He wants to be paid and he wants top dollar in the league. You lose players to FA and any young good ones like Littleton and Kupp are going to walk because the Rams cant pay him or they will have to cut guys with big dead cap in hopes to resign those guys. We will see but long term to me its a disaster with the situation the Rams are in even though they land Ramsey they are going to have struggles big time. Niners are all young guys with 1 massive contract, Seattle has a couple and an above average to elite Qb its going to be tough to compete long term with these teams who are being successful with what they have without having key young talent that you get in the 1st round.