Jalen Ramsey traded to the Rams

Scalamania

8 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

What is he implying by saying he will get locked out of the Jags office? What the hell is going on in that organization?

I don’t think he seriously believes he would be locked out. It seems that it’s a dig at how Coughlin takes extreme measures any time someone doesn’t do something exactly the way he wants.

One would hope this means Coughlin is done. It’s just complete trash that it took losing a hall of fame caliber player in the process.

Shad did everything he could to make sure he didn’t turn into a bad owner like Dan Snyder, just to go the exact opposite way into terrible ownership. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, pwny said:

that’s.....not a good quote. At all.

And Marrone had a press conference today where he expressed he isn’t happy with how the front office is handling this whole situation, and won’t even give him answers but are forcing him to be the only one to answer all the media questions. 

But let’s blame Jalen. 

It’s on both Tom and Jalen but I don’t see Tom being here after this year.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1856107/ramsey-rams-got-the-best-corner-in-the-whole-nfl

"I'm excited to get out there and do my thing for the LA Rams and show them that they got the best corner in the whole NFL for years and years to come,"

So he definitely wants to be there long term, at least for now. Good sign for the Rams.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

It’s on both Tom and Jalen but I don’t see Tom being here after this year.

It’s on Jalen that he was tired of seeing himself and those around being treated poorly and did everything he had to in order to get out, sure. But this doesn’t turn into what it was if Coughlin wasn’t who he is.

I’m not going to name names because I don’t want to see players get thrown under the bus, but Jalen isn’t the only one in that locker room that wants to leave the Jags because of Coughlin’s behavior. And he isn’t the first one to leave the Jags because of it either. It’s just that most players aren’t good enough to publicly speak out and not have the *diva* tag hurt them, and he wasn’t going to spend another two years and potentially two years on the franchise tag after that being treated like that. 

• Like 1

I think this also shines a light in the fact that owners can no longer hide behind the whole salary cap restriction. Players can be paid and paid now.. Teams can move around money and theres no such thing as cap space. Revolutionary job by Snead. And great cap management skills by the guys above on rams Camp. Jalen will be here for a while. Just hope he doesn’t turn into Marcus Peters and forget how to play. This is great. Go get Von miller now lol. 

6 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

I think this also shines a light in the fact that owners can no longer hide behind the whole salary cap restriction. Players can be paid and paid now.. Teams can move around money and theres no such thing as cap space. Revolutionary job by Snead. And great cap management skills by the guys above on rams Camp. 

lol

6 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Just hope he doesn’t turn into Marcus Peters and forget how to play

even more lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

If we're playing the "Could Of" game, those picks could be busts (how often do you hit on a pick from 18-32?). Would those two players we signed be better than Ramsey?

Moral of the story, if you can get the #1 corner in the game at 24years old, you do it.

We would of likely traded out of those picks anyway lol

I'm not denying that Ramsey is most likely (95%+) more likely to be better than who's picked 20-32. It is more of a resource allocation debate. With Ramsey you essentially are locking 22-25M at market value and not getting cheap labor.

Based on history, I'd say 30% of the time you bust, 55% of the time you get a solid starter, and 15% of the time you get a pro bowler. If you just don't bust with a pick, you have a valuable contract. Pick 21 (Darnell Savage) is making 3M a year for years 1-4. Pick 30 D Baker is making 2.5 a year. An average starting caliber guard/S hitting FA would be getting 6-8M a year, WR 8-10, DE 10ish... if you hit the 15% home run, you are getting a guy worth 12-16M for 2-3M a year.

My team, the Packers, missed out on Mack who got 22M and cost 2 first round picks. In leau of that, we drafted D Savage, R Gary, and signed Z Smith and Preston Smith. None are better than Mack but because we have cheap labor, we can spend in FA.... it is essentially the cheap rookie QB argument. If you have cheap players, you can spend in FA and supplement your roster.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Rams have a great pass rusher and needed a corner more than a second pass rusher. The Bears didn’t have a pass rusher. If you look at it from a need standpoint both teams did what they needed to.

But you're paying more for a position that has less impact. That's my point.

It's akin to giving up a 1st round pick and like a 3rd rounder for a RB.

37 minutes ago, N4L said:

I don't think ramsey will be willing to backload a contract though. Usually the backloaded portion of the contracts are base salary, which are not guaranteed. He isn't the type to fall for that nonsense, as I think the rams are about to learn.

He wants to be paid, and he doesn't want to wait for his money. He feels like hes been waiting since his first start at FSU, and I think he is done waiting. Rams don't have as much leverage as they think they do. 

His main issue was with the front office. Nothing I've seen leads me to believe that he needs to be paid right now. If we wait until next year when guys like Talib, NRC, Whit are off the books, we'll have a lot more to play with. 

And honestly, no one knows what he values except him, especially no one here. He could prioritize length of contract, winning, bonuses, etc. you can play the guessing game all you want, but if he shows up and we start winning, things may change for him.

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Your not cap strapped? You have 25 mil in cap space before you extend him in 2020. You have 108 of 160 mil locked in on 5 guys, thats 48 other guys making 52 mil so your averaging about 1.1 mil a person outside of those 5 which is clearly not the case. Your oline is arguably one of the worst in the NFL. Ramsey pulled up with a brinks truck and hes only on year 4 of his rookie deal. you think this guy is going to play without a longterm deal done? Just because its LA doesnt mean he is going to play for the same price as he is in Jax. He wants to be paid and he wants top dollar in the league. You lose players to FA and any young good ones like Littleton and Kupp are going to walk because the Rams cant pay him or they will have to cut guys with big dead cap in hopes to resign those guys. We will see but long term to me its a disaster with the situation the Rams are in even though they land Ramsey they are going to have struggles big time. Niners are all young guys with 1 massive contract, Seattle has a couple and an above average to elite Qb its going to be tough to compete long term with these teams who are being successful with what they have without having key young talent that you get in the 1st round. 

Correct. We're not cap strapped.