Jalen Ramsey traded to the Rams

Scalamania

Just now, N4L said:

Also pretty clear to me that what Deon is saying is just a negotiating tactic for Jalen. Rams trying to get an LA discount. Ramsey is telling them there will be no discount 

lmfao, this isn't the NBA where people care that much about where they play.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, N4L said:

@soflbillsfan the cap is like 230 million, not 160

He is trying to be clever and say Ramsey isn't the #1 corner in the NFL 

its actually 188 mil not 230. even so 108 of 188 on 5 guys congrats on that, good luck trying to pay the young guys that have been rising on the rams with the 25 mil cap you will have available in 2020 with guys like brockers, Fowler, Littleton,  etc to resign when other teams will come in and pay a tad more then what you can offer hard to replace them in draft to be immediate impact players at all these positions on defense. 

42 minutes ago, N4L said:

The Rams will pay Ramsey... and wont have much left over for other moves. That's the whole point. No one is saying they won't re-sign him other than Deon Sanders? Snead can make this deal work but he doesn't have too many other moves to make after this one. 

Or down, if you're Jared Goff lol

B is correct. Literally didn't have the money because mark Davis refused to take out a loan. He has now started to get some debt because he finally was getting/listening to sound financial advice. He is very risk adverse. Was extremely short sighted on his part 

With three losses in a row, two of which to division rivals. 

Eh, that's not have everyone is talking. What you said I agree with. Most people are acting like we're going to have to cut a bunch of our big guys to stay above water, which just isn't the case. 

5 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

its actually 188 mil not 230. even so 108 of 188 on 5 guys congrats on that, good luck trying to pay the young guys that have been rising on the rams with the 25 mil cap you will have available in 2020 with guys like brockers, Fowler, Littleton,  etc to resign when other teams will come in and pay a tad more then what you can offer hard to replace them in draft to be immediate impact players at all these positions on defense. 

youre right, its not 230 million. Its 200 million next year. That's before whatever rollover you have as a team. The niners have roughly 28 million rolling over to next year, which is why I had it in my head that the cap is 230 million, because that's what the niners can spend. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/cap/2020/ 

7 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Littleton should be a priority, but if you're telling me the casualties of this trade are Brockers and Fowler, well then that's perfectly fine with me. 

Edit: You do understand that we can backload his contract though, don't you? 

Edited by JonStark

7 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Littleton should be a priority, but if you're telling me the casualties of this trade are Brockers and Fowler, well then that's perfectly fine with me. 

Edit: You do understand that we can backload his contract though, don't you? 

You can backload all you want but the fact is he has a min cap hit of 15 mil next year because its his 5th year option which was already agreed to and cap cant change. Any signing bonuses which he clearly wants have to be paid evenly through out the length of his contract. You have to figure out the guarantees too, if you backload a 90 mil contract and 60 are guaranteed no team is dumb to back load that they will back load the part that isnt guaranteed in case they cut him. Just talk to the Miami Dolphins on how the backloading works when they have a safety that is taking up 17 mil in cap space and has a dead cap of 25 mil, or the Ryan Tannehill deal where they got stuck by pushing it towards the back end of the deal which has led to this disaster they are in. 

that’s.....not a good quote. At all.

And Marrone had a press conference today where he expressed he isn’t happy with how the front office is handling this whole situation, and won’t even give him answers but are forcing him to be the only one to answer all the media questions. 

But let’s blame Jalen. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

that’s.....not a good quote. At all.

And Marrone had a press conference today where he expressed he isn’t happy with how the front office is handling this whole situation, and won’t even give him answers but are forcing him to be the only one to answer all the media questions. 

But let’s blame Jalen. 

What is he implying by saying he will get locked out of the Jags office? What the hell is going on in that organization?

4 minutes ago, JonStark said:

You do understand that we can backload his contract though, don't you? 

I don't think ramsey will be willing to backload a contract though. Usually the backloaded portion of the contracts are base salary, which are not guaranteed. He isn't the type to fall for that nonsense, as I think the rams are about to learn.

He wants to be paid, and he doesn't want to wait for his money. He feels like hes been waiting since his first start at FSU, and I think he is done waiting. Rams don't have as much leverage as they think they do. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Pass rusher > Corner fundamentally. So yes, the Rams overpaid.

Rams have a great pass rusher and needed a corner more than a second pass rusher. The Bears didn’t have a pass rusher. If you look at it from a need standpoint both teams did what they needed to.