Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Is what it is, can moan all we want but it won't change.

Every 5-8 years we'll have a championship worthy team that will have to and the other years we'll be 9-3 or 10-2. That championship level team has to be flawless because it can't survive a letdown like a Bama, Georgia, LSU, OSU, Clemson etc can.

Sign me up for that every time.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Is what it is, can moan all we want but it won't change.

Every 5-8 years we'll have a championship worthy team that will have to and the other years we'll be 9-3 or 10-2. That championship level team has to be flawless because it can't survive a letdown like a Bama, Georgia, LSU, OSU, Clemson etc can.

A championship level team doesn't lose games like we did today.   I don't know if I'll be able to stomach next week's slaughter.  :(   We'll probably play better but it won't matter.  6-2 and 2 games behind MN isn't gonna cut it.

Edited by Pugger

Just now, Pugger said:

A championship level team doesn't lose games like we did today.   I don't know if I'll be able to stomach next week's slaughter.  :(   We'll probably play better but it won't matter.  6-2 and a game behind MN isn't gonna cut it.

2 games behind Minnesota and they have an easy schedule. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

I have my Tar Heels to save me from this ****ty state so I'll be aight.

Yup that's the kind of programs that win titles. Might have to vacate all of them 15 years later but blue collar, clean cut programs do not win college championships and that is what you are rooting for in the football world.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Why are you guys okay with a program that refuses to take the next step? I don't ******* get it.

Because our adminstration isn't going to pay NFL level salaries to our staff to get a cutting edge guy AND keep him from using us as a stepping stone if he has success.

IF that monster of a hurdle is cleared, no way in hell are academic standards being lowered to the point that we can take the same kids that the perennial contenders can.

We're not fine with it, we've accepted reality.

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Why are you guys okay with a program that refuses to take the next step? I don't ******* get it.

You still root for a program in the 90-95% of programs though. Let's not act like your not well off.

In this era of football, I wouldn't be shocked if 20 years from now those 20 titles were won by 5-6 teams.

• Like 3

Normally I’m on the bk is overreacting side, not today. This is a fireable offense. To have learned nothing from last year. Hell, to learn nothing from three weeks ago, is just so beyond unacceptable. You lose to Ohio State? Sure, we can’t recruit against them and certainly can’t pay our coaches/players the way they can.

Having multiple instances every year where the coaching staff can’t get the players to not overlook inferior teams? Even worse, playing a really active role in it by not making obvious adjustments? That’s where you lose me. When a team wants to dedicate every defender to stopping JT and you can’t make the most basic attempts to punish them for it, I don’t care about academic standards or assistant coaches salaries.

• Like 1

Seriously, how hard is it to see that a team is crashing on every first down and that your receivers are constantly beating man coverage, and to throw in a few hard play action deep shots on first? I’m not asking Chryst to be Lincoln Riley here, I’m just asking for the most basic in-game adjustments.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Pugger said:

A championship level team doesn't lose games like we did today.   I don't know if I'll be able to stomach next week's slaughter.  :(   We'll probably play better but it won't matter.  6-2 and 2 games behind MN isn't gonna cut it.

Clemson lost to Pittsburgh 3-4 years ago at home.

Also lost at Syracuse recently as well.  

Even the top tier teams have a crappy day.