Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

On 12/8/2019 at 11:25 PM, beekay414 said:

He's officially #5 on the all time list with a shot to finish top 3 with a 200 yard game vs Oregon.

1.) Donnel Pomphrey (San Diego State) - 6405 yards in 54 games
2.) Ron Dayne (Wisconsin) - 6397 yards in 43 games
3.) Ricky Williams (Texas) - 6279 yards in 46 games
4.) 
Tony Dorsett (Pittsburgh) - 6082 yards in 43 games
5.) 
Jonathan Taylor (Wisconsin) - 6080 yards in 40 games

This is like three weeks old at this point, but I still can’t get over the ridiculousness of the NCAA not adding Dayne’s bowl games to his career numbers. Over 700 yards that apparently just don’t exist.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I find it troubling that sports fandom views the university as a hindrance to the football team. 

Other universities that are not as strict on their admissions like Wisconsin can be a top notch academic and athletic university.

15 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I find it troubling that sports fandom views the university as a hindrance to the football team. 

I find it troubling that we're continuing to act like the athletic teams and the university have anything to do with each other when the successful programs figured that out 20 years ago. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Wouldn't be Minnesota without celebrating beating a team we've already beaten multiple times in bowl games lol

It's not even sincerely celebrating. It's a few "not a Minnesota fan but" trolls, and the rest of the forum making fun of the real Minnesota fan(s?) by tagging him/them everywhere.

37 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Fine...

where is the minny thread?

You can create one.  There shouldn't be any trolling of an opposing fan base in their thread.  We can have some good natured ribbing in the game day threads about things, but this is their house, so to speak.  If they've been gracious enough to allow it for the entire season, be thankful that they put up with it.  

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

You can create one.  There shouldn't be any trolling of an opposing fan base in their thread.  We can have some good natured ribbing in the game day threads about things, but this is their house, so to speak.  If they've been gracious enough to allow it for the entire season, be thankful that they put up with it.  

What do you mean 'if'? You were here the whole time.

• Like 1