Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

I don't disagree that he's improved. Just feel that PC never did him any favors and made him look way worse than his talent. 

Definitely, at least that was part of it. We'll know more about how much over the course of the season.

The only thing I'll say concerns me is that NW had 0 sacks. I want to see if Mertz can keep playing outside the system when he gets beat up.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Definitely, at least that was part of it. We'll know more about how much over the course of the season.

The only thing I'll say concerns me is that NW had 0 sacks. I want to see if Mertz can keep playing outside the system when he gets beat up.

For sure. Gotta temper expectations but the fact that it only took 6 days to completely change the offense is remarkable work from BE.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

For sure. Gotta temper expectations but the fact that it only took 6 days to completely change the offense is remarkable work from BE.

I didn't see the first 3 quarters. How much was new offensively vs different playcalling being more diverse/ less predictable?

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

I didn't see the first 3 quarters. How much was new offensively vs different playcalling being more diverse/ less predictable?

Put it this way...we opened the game with a pass play and it was completely different from everything under Chryst from there. I'd recommend going to watch it. Outside of the first drive where they missed the FG, it was almost a flawless game called by Bobby Engram.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Much more balanced attack with some great surprises thrown in. It wasn't just Mertz trying to throw 3rd and long after two failed runs but a mix of run and pass on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down. There was a ton of jet sweep action that we used to see under Chryst before he got stale. There was also a Braelon Allen passing TD...... enough said. It didn't even look like the same team. 

• Like 3