Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

30 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Honestly, I was more pessimistic then.  Our oline took a big step forward in those last 3 games.  That said, I agree, I don't see that happening again.

Neither do I. Figured it was understood since we don't have the best RB in the country but, like I stated earlier, this subforum seems to love reading what's on paper and not putting things into context. I assumed people would take it as the light-hearted comment I meant it to be but that's my fault.

7 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

It has nothing to do with our offense either. I just don't see our defense letting something like 2014 happen again. Different team and different mentality. 

And as far as we know, our HC didn't spend the week of bowl prep sitting in his office twiddling his thumbs because he had accepted a HC job at a different school.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Neither do I. Figured it was understood since we don't have the best RB in the country but, like I stated earlier, this subforum seems to love reading what's on paper and not putting things into context. I assumed people would take it as the light-hearted comment I meant it to be but that's my fault.

Breaking news: coming into the thread of a team that lost 59-0 and saying "hey guys remember that hahaha" might not go over well

More at 11.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Breaking news: coming into the thread of a team that lost 59-0 and saying "hey guys remember that hahaha" might not go over well

More at 11.

Wow, it was meant in jest. Grow a pair, dude. I'm sorry you're still sore about something that happened 3 years ago. It might be time to move on........

4 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Wow, it was meant in jest. Grow a pair, dude. I'm sorry you're still sore about something that happened 3 years ago. It might be time to move on........

I love you @JTagg7754 but I happen to agree with Rams here. That would be like 10-11 years later if someone jokingly reminded me of Troy Smith and company laying an egg and getting their doors blown off by Florida in the National Title in 2006, or someone joking in 2015 about JT Barrett and our offensive staff choking against MSU, on senior day, with everything on the line. 

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I love you @JTagg7754 but I happen to agree with Rams here. That would be like 10-11 years later if someone jokingly reminded me of Troy Smith and company laying an egg and getting their doors blown off by Florida in the National Title in 2006, or someone joking in 2015 about JT Barrett and our offensive staff choking against MSU, on senior day, with everything on the line. 

I actually posted that same joke in the other games thread somewhere. Badger fans or neutrals can totally make fun of us for that and it's cool. If it was in March and we were doing some light **** talking, I'm cool with that too.

But yeah, going into the Badger thread the day before the biggest game of the year ain't gonna go well.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I actually posted that same joke in the other games thread somewhere. Badger fans or neutrals can totally make fun of us for that and it's cool.

It's kind of like "I'm allowed to/my family is allowed to make fun of/criticize me/my family, but no one else will". At least that's how I see it.

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

And as far as we know, our HC didn't spend the week of bowl prep sitting in his office twiddling his thumbs because he had accepted a HC job at a different school.

That FSU job is still open........just saying.

59 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Maybe it's just me. I joke about those things all the time. Why not? It's in the past. Why harp on the past? It literally gets you nowhere. Raider fans can attest to me being consistent w/ these thoughts b/c they still pine about the tuck rule game. Who cares? It's over. Being concerned about it to this day is hindering progress. Leave the past in the past and move forward.