SNF GDT: Eagles @ Cowboys

Matts4313

The Eagles lead the league in drops last I checked ergo the talent around him is bad...okay the talent is good but they're not playing well. Even Alshon has some bad drops. The infamous incomplete pass to Nelly last night is a great example. It won't go down as a drop but he ain't doing Carson any favors

Do you people watch these games and say "well Nick Foles would have put a different spin on the ball and thus it would have been more catchable"

Even Carson at his damn near best last night wouldnt have won the game with the way our defense is playing

15 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

The Eagles lead the league in drops last I checked ergo the talent around him is bad...okay the talent is good but they're not playing well. Even Alshon has some bad drops. The infamous incomplete pass to Nelly last night is a great example. It won't go down as a drop but he ain't doing Carson any favors

Cowboys were 1 dropped pass behind. We might be tied now. 

Do you people watch these games and say "well Nick Foles would have put a different spin on the ball and thus it would have been more catchable"

I think its more of playstyle, leadership... and then the obvious: how they manipulate the pocket. When they check down. The audibles and adjustments. Those are the things that people argue foles is better at, not arm talent. 

Even Carson at his damn near best last night wouldnt have won the game with the way our defense is playing

You scored 10 points against our atrocious defense. We were the last team in the NFL to start a drive on the opposing teams 50.... we did it like 3 times against you. Which was an offensive problem. 

Your offense put your defense in a terrible spot. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Cowboys were 1 dropped pass behind. We might be tied now. 

I think its more of playstyle, leadership... and then the obvious: how they manipulate the pocket. When they check down. The audibles and adjustments. Those are the things that people argue foles is better at, not arm talent. 

You scored 10 points against our atrocious defense. We were the last team in the NFL to start a drive on the opposing teams 50.... we did it like 3 times against you. Which was an offensive problem. 

Your offense put your defense in a terrible spot. 

Facts the offense could have played better including Carson. And the short field doesn't help. But we got gashed in the run game, let Tavon Skip to my Lou for a TD, had miscommunications in the secondary, drive extending penalties, missed tackles etc. Our defense doesn't magically play better when our offense is performing. See any game this year besides the Luke Falk game

The only aspect of Nick Fole's game that is better is his ability to throw up the 50-50 ball. As much as I love Nicky Nine, I swear people erase every bad/subpar game he's had and only remember the NFCCG and Suberbowl

6 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

The only aspect of Nick Fole's game that is better is his ability to throw up the 50-50 ball.

This is literally not something you can say without knowing the progressions and checks. But I understand how you want to defend your boy.

6 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

As much as I love Nicky Nine, I swear people erase every bad/subpar game he's had and only remember the NFCCG and Suberbowl

Ok. Fair. 

Counter point is that every Eagles fan wants to focus on that one 9 game stretch in 2017 for Wentz and ignore he has never been close to that level before or after. 

Real talk though. It’ was Frank(Colts coach) who set up the eagles offense. They look wack without him. Doug has lost the team, you got lane going at it with Malcom. You got Alshon leaking the tee. Man what a mess. That SB rum was paid with blood. Pretty sure Douggy P is on his way out! Maron. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

This is literally not something you can say without knowing the progressions and checks. But I understand how you want to defend your boy.

Ok. Fair. 

Counter point is that every Eagles fan wants to focus on that one 9 game stretch in 2017 for Wentz and ignore he has never been close to that level before or after. 

“Not even close” is stretching it... Double check 2018. Yes, his best play to this point was 2017, but I’m not sure how we focus on that anymore than you “focus” on Dak’s 2016 or Rodgers detractors “focus” on his 2018

Oh wait is this just more trolling from the master of deception? More hilarious “ribbing”?

4 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

“Not even close” is stretching it... Double check 2018. Yes, his best play to this point was 2017, but I’m not sure how we focus on that anymore than you “focus” on Dak’s 2016 or Rodgers detractors “focus” on his 2018

Oh wait is this just more trolling from the master of deception? More hilarious “ribbing”?

Im not sure I follow you here. And no, I am not trolling, this is coach Matts talking the specifics of responsibility.

And to answer your earlier question about why I troll, its because 85% of the posters on here (internet, FF.com) cant explain the difference between 12 and 21 personal. What a smash concept is. What a fire check concept is. 

I troll because why waste my time? At least I get a laugh this way. 

Edited by Matts4313

2 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Real talk though. It’ was Frank(Colts coach) who set up the eagles offense. They look wack without him. Doug has lost the team, you got lane going at it with Malcom. You got Alshon leaking the tee. Man what a mess. That SB rum was paid with blood. Pretty sure Douggy P is on his way out! Maron. 

For all that **** talking you do, this is actually a great point. Nobody seems to mention Frank Reich’s departure. Him and DeFilippo seemed to have helped Wentz the most. 

Now Wentz has been playing more like a game manager. He’s afraid of making mistakes and doesn’t sling it as he did.

Also, he doesn’t have good on field chemistry with his WRs. 

He locks on Ertz too much. The same way Goff does with Robert Woods 

Wentz is too talented to play like a game manager. He has a solid OL too

If I’m the Eagles, I’m doing everything I can to surround him with better playmakers 

2 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Even if your right, which you're not, every team would do that for a SB victory. The Rams have salvage everything from future and past for just that one SB victory, and they might still not get one lol

54 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

For all that **** talking you do, this is actually a great point. Nobody seems to mention Frank Reich’s departure. Him and DeFilippo seemed to have helped Wentz the most. 

Really? Well it's all we've been doing in Eagles forum for past 2 years so about time everyone else catches on. We miss you Frank <3 (all McDaniels fault)

• Like 1