SNF GDT: Eagles @ Cowboys

Matts4313

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Being better than those guys, which I think most would agree with, doesn't make him top 5. I don't think he belongs in that convo quite yet but he clearly has the skillset and talent to be there, just not there yet. Needs more consistency down to down.

He needs better play calling and guys that can catch and separate.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

That's fine. I'm talking about right now. Give Carson what Dak or Goff have around him he would be putting up video game numbers.

Absolutely not. He’s not even better than Brady this season. In fact, he hasn’t been better than Watson or Lamar Jackson this season 

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Brady

Thought you might say brady out of the list that was given.  I don't think Brady has been bad, hasn't been great, but he's been good.  Stats don't always tell the story, just watch a guy like Wentz carry his team and you would know. I still take Brady over Wentz though, because of how good he's been in his career, and until he stops playing that way when it matters ( it doesn't matter when you play scrimmages vs college teams every week like they do) I'm taking him over Wentz.  Top 6? might have an argument.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Being better than those guys, which I think most would agree with, doesn't make him top 5. I don't think he belongs in that convo quite yet but he clearly has the skillset and talent to be there, just not there yet. Needs more consistency down to down.

This is for sure accurate. He has played fine this season, but to be a top 5 guy he needs to do more with what he has.

He can get there, he still is developing. The talent around him is clearly atrocious though and has to be looked at as a major factor in why our offense can't move the ball. And people watching this game coming away with the opinion that Wentz is the problem probably don't understand football.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Wentz with those guys supporting casts would eat.

I think saying Wentz behind that Dallas line instead of Dak, or Wentz with the Rams roster supporting him instead of Goff, is a perfectly reasonable thought exercise, and you could make a compelling argument for better results.

Too bad I don't think either of those dudes are close to top 5 either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheesehawk said:

Jerome Bettis? Not better, but he had some damn good feet for a guy who was 250+

The Nigerian Nightmare!

Just now, waterfish_21 said:

Except the Eagles didn't stomp the Packers.

I am a Packers fan.  They out-physicalled us by a fair bit.  Schooled us in the trenches.  If you do that, it's a stomping.

• Like 1