How do we fix the QB in 2020

WindyCity

9 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Honestly, I think the best option is Bridgewater.

Why would he leave NO tho?  Everyone knows that he will eventually get paid by them to be their starter once Brees retires in the next year or two.  He showed last year he was in no rush to leave a good situation there when he had offers to be a starter elsewhere (i.e. Miami).  He's in a really good situation and I'm sure he realizes that.

8 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Why would he leave NO tho?  Everyone knows that he will eventually get paid by them to be their starter once Brees retires in the next year or two.  He showed last year he was in no rush to leave a good situation there when he had offers to be a starter elsewhere (i.e. Miami).  He's in a really good situation and I'm sure he realizes that.

Because his option last year was Miami.

He is going to leave New Orleans because someone is going to give him 80 million dollars to do so and he probably doesn't want to wait for Brees to retire.

The guys leg almost fell off and you think he is going to pass on 40 million guaranteed?

15 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Because his option last year was Miami.

He is going to leave New Orleans because someone is going to give him 80 million dollars to do so and he probably doesn't want to wait for Brees to retire.

The guys leg almost fell off and you think he is going to pass on 40 million guaranteed?

Miami is where he is from and Florida has no state income tax plus beautiful weather.

Why would he come to Chicago, a cold weather city with high state income taxes that has had notoriously crap offenses? LOL you're dreaming.

Just now, topwop1 said:

Miami is where he is from and Florida has no state income tax plus beautiful weather.

Why would he come to Chicago, a cold weather city with high state income taxes that has had notoriously crap offenses? LOL you're dreaming.

Because we are not the biggest joke in the NFL and actively tanking a season.

21 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

A second rounder for Minshew? That's a little rich right now. He's been a surprise but he's been far from good, imo. He's not turning the ball over but he also hasn't been very accurate. Eventually the inaccuracy will lead to turnovers.

Holy crap and people laughed when I said 6ths for Rosen... My look at Minshew makes me think he's goign to get figured out quick

Still say highest percentage move (and least boring but whatever) is to stand pat with Trubisky for the rest of the season.  My "bold" plan remains getting Rosen in the building for a late pick value or player trade. 

With these second round picks I want Pace to be very careful with how he uses it. I don't want them trading either one of them away for a mediocre starter. If they in fact draft a QB, I want them to be sure that he could be a QB for the future and not some throwaway.

Our team has holes in it on offense as far as offensive line goes and the TE position. We need to infuse some talent into the offensive tackle position and I would like to spend one of our second rounders addressing this need. For the other pick I'd rather just take the best player available regardless of position.

I just want to use the 2020 draft to lay the foundation for the QB we draft in 2021.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BACK2MACKSACK said:

I just want to use the 2020 draft to lay the foundation for the QB we draft in 2021.

Realistically speaking, do you think the Bears' defense is going to fall off enough for that to happen?  Right now, the Bears are 3-4 and are currently slotted to pick 13th.  Quite frankly, I think they're better than their record indicates, and would say they're actually a 4-3 team.

2 minutes ago, BACK2MACKSACK said:

With these second round picks I want Pace to be very careful with how he uses it. I don't want them trading either one of them away for a mediocre starter. If they in fact draft a QB, I want them to be sure that he could be a QB for the future and not some throwaway.

Our team has holes in it on offense as far as offensive line goes and the TE position. We need to infuse some talent into the offensive tackle position and I would like to spend one of our second rounders addressing this need. For the other pick I'd rather just take the best player available regardless of position.

This.

This team can't keep throwing away picks by trading up for players.  Pace has done this numerous times already throughout his 5 years as Bears GM and while I commend him for doing what it took in his mind to get the player he coveted in those situations, it hasn't exactly worked out in the team's favor to this point.

If I'm George McCaskey I'm telling Pace that he can not mortgage any more future picks in the 2021 drafts and beyond for the short term and that he and Nagy have to work with what is available as far as 2020 draft picks go and cap space to fix the QB position and the offense as a whole.  And if they don't then thank you for trying and see you later.  

I don't want a potential new GM and HC combo to be hamstrung by the previous regimes mistakes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Realistically speaking, do you think the Bears' defense is going to fall off enough for that to happen?  Right now, the Bears are 3-4 and are currently slotted to pick 13th.  Quite frankly, I think they're better than their record indicates, and would say they're actually a 4-3 team.

Curious to know what you mean...fall enough for what to happen?  He is talking about using the two 2nd round picks that we have in 2020 (one being from the Raiders) to fortify the offensive line and take the BPA.  Let's say Bears and the Raiders both finish somewhere around 6-10/7-9/8-8 which is looking like what will probably happen at this point. That will likely put them somewhere in between picks 10-20. I think you can find some pretty solid starters in that range in the 2nd round.