SNF: Packers at Chiefs

Malfatron

Just now, samsel23 said:

Agreed 100%.

If I had to be pissed at anyone,  it would be McCoy. 

Like how the team came together though and looks to be a pretty clean game injury wise,   Have to see on LDT.   I’m feeling good about this game though 

Yeah, I feel like some of the stuff that happened the last like 2 drives really over-shadowed McCoy's screw up. Only turnover by either team all game. Led to the only scoring drive under 60 yards. Went from a tie game with the ball to us playing from behind. And that was really when the defense got gassed. Like ~10 minutes of game time on the field because of those basically back to back drives.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Yeah, I feel like some of the stuff that happened the last like 2 drives really over-shadowed McCoy's screw up. Only turnover by either team all game. Led to the only scoring drive under 60 yards. Went from a tie game with the ball to us playing from behind. And that was really when the defense got gassed. Like ~10 minutes of game time on the field because of those basically back to back drives.

It’s the dropped picks that hurt more, I think. Picking off Rodgers when you have the chance is very important for two reasons:

1. It happens so rarely it gets the D going.

2. He really hates throwing INTs, and tends to start playing too safe to avoid them.

• Like 1

NFC w/ some very heavy hitters at the halfway point. 7-0 49ers, 7-1 Saints, 7-1 Packers... 6-2 Seahawks, 6-2 Vikings and defending NFCC 5-3 Rams right there too. 

Even more daunting than 2017 when NFC was pretty top heavy and at this juncture you had the 7-1 Eagles, 6-2 Vikings, 5-2 Rams, 5-2 Saints

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss

1 minute ago, ChazStandard said:

It’s the dropped picks that hurt more, I think. Picking off Rodgers when you have the chance is very important for two reasons:

1. It happens so rarely it gets the D going.

2. He really hates throwing INTs, and tends to start playing too safe to avoid them.

They definitely could've been game changers, though I'm less willing to call those mistakes akin to McCoy's fumble or having a LB on Jones 3 times, just because they weren't exactly easy catches. Mathieu's would've been a one handed back of the end zone grab. Breeland's was at an awkward angle on a play where he injured his shoulder. Either would've been game changing. Either would've been ridiculous catches though.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

don't trust this KC defense to make crucial stops in the postseason

KC had a lot of D starters out.  The difference in the game was that fumble and GB's score afterwards.  If Mahomes plays this game is much different.  But we Packers fans also know what life is like without our MVP.  

I don't know why folks keep saying our defense is so wonderful (unless, of course, if they are comparing it to what we had last year...).  It didn't help that our best LB was playing one handed. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Maybe. But I also think the Packers offense is still searching for some semblance of identity and consistency. So far it's just been what you said, besides probably last week. So, maybe it was the Chiefs defense, but our offense has looked that lost most of the season.

Yes, if our RBs aren't catching passes we aren't 7-1.  Davante Adams can't come back quick enough.

4 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Yes, if our RBs aren't catching passes we aren't 7-1.  Davante Adams can't come back quick enough.

And if Packer fans are expecting that to instantly solve all our problems, they're going to be severely let down.

Just now, incognito_man said:

We're a top 3 offense anyway, there arent many problems 

I love you, but in your world there are never any problems. And yet...the team still hasn't been to a Super Bowl in 10 years, and has essentially wasted the past 4 years of the career of one of the best quarterbacks of all time.

And by what metric are we a top 3 offense??

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

I love you, but in your world there are never any problems. And yet...the team still hasn't been to a Super Bowl in 10 years, and has essentially wasted the past 4 years of the career of one of the best quarterbacks of all time.

And by what metric are we a top 3 offense??

DVOA