WEEK 9 · Sun 11/03 · 4:25 Broncos

sonny44

Baker sucks right now, but it doesn't seem like we are trying anything new....the ball is either going to Chubb or throws to Landry/OBJ that are either high/behind/out of reach. You telling me our coaching staff can't figure something out? I wouldn't even mind a vanilla offense that is at least effective, our offense just seems so out of sync

• Like 1

Just now, Onizuka said:

Baker sucks right now, but it doesn't seem like we are trying anything new....the ball is either going to Chubb or throws to Landry/OBJ that are either high/behind/out of reach. You telling me our coaching staff can't figure something out? I wouldn't even mind a vanilla offense that is at least effective, our offense just seems so out of sync

Yeah a playaction or two

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

I feel like there was some behind the scenes stuff going on with Avery we won’t hear about.

Indeed... at least I hope so. Wilks and coaches don't get a free pass on the Avery thing as they either weren't flexible enough as thinkers or weren't able enough to smooth things over with a young, frustrated player by not playing him.

Yeah, what we know for sure is that he was unhappy with his role and requested a trade.  Not even being active makes it an understandable trade request from a player that saw himself as a major contributor.

We don't have the relevant info but based on pre-draft evals regarding the type of person he was said to be recommended by Memphis coaches as "self-less, hardest worker on the team,an impact leader," it's hard for me to believe that Avery was that bad of a locker room guy.

• Like 1