Week 9 GDT - Arizona Cardinals vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

45 minutes ago, N4L said:

I saw you say the other day how you didn't like how he was trying to manufacture slights. I actually love it. I think it sets a good precedent for our lockerroom over the next 5 years. Keeps us hungry 

I hated it when he wasn't on our team, but I completely understand now why he does it. He is keeping everyone motivated. He's going to make a great coach one day 

Well yeah, don't be a phony. Still not a fan of when he does stuff like that, but it's not the worst thing in the world.

EASILY Jimmy's best game since we faced the Titans in 2017. Clutch throws, accuarcy and awareness....and NO interceptions! We should play on Thursdays every week if this is what I can expect from him. Hopefully this is a building block type of game for the passing game. Still can't believe Deebo dropped that TD...AND Warner dropped his. Still can't believe we were in man coverage on Isabella's big TD catch...it what it is.

Not worried about the defense. That offense is unique and very difficult to prepare for on a short-week, your first time seeing them. I think they'll be much improved when we see them in a couple of weeks. 

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Jimmy's best chuck of the night. A familiar sighting seeing him spin away from getting drilled and completing a no scope for a first down on third down. Is it luck if it keeps happening? Hmm...

NqJAGix.gif

For comparison's sake here is another no look rabbit out the hat that Jimmy did in his first start against Chicago. 

F2SggtH.gif

Yeah, it's all probably still mostly gunslinger luck, but nice to know the trigger man has a 1UP in his back pocket that he can utilize if he so chooses to. :) 

Weird that he's able to do this more than a couple of times though. Think he did one against Jacksonville, and I know he had one or two against the Steelers this year. 

8 hours ago, Forge said:

So what's the disaster rating if Alexander is done for the year? 6? 4? 8? 

Well I said it going all the way back to Staley injury. Major suck fest but it shouldn't stop this team. That was before we really got going. This train is now full steam ahead...and as much as I want everyone on it we're still good. 2 things will happen that fans can't freak out about. We will lose gms and we will lose some starters for the yr. This team didn't fold when we lost 3 of our best offensive players for a month. Hands up we don't lose Kwon but if we do it won't be a good enough excuse for a terrible 2nd half. 

• Like 3

@y2lamanaki, enforce that ban threat if anyone trolls at Jimmy G! That was an incredible performance on his part. I wondered if Bellichick was watching and pining away...'cause, ya know, Brady in his 40s and those FA rumors. :o

My fave throw was the TD to Pettis. So on the money! And on 3rd and 7 and 21 yards out?! Fantastic.

I had to pick up my jaw at the Isabella TD. Did not know who that was at first. On the replay, I said "Oh, that figures!" and one of my boys asked why. My reply was "That's Andy Isabella. He was likely the fastest guy in the last draft." Made it more understandable as to why we could not catch him. Of course, Moseley had the entirely wrong approach to set that up...

5 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Of course, Moseley had the entirely wrong approach to set that up...

That's my biggest takeaway from that play. He's got to know to just play the receiver on a play that deep with a 2-score lead in the 4th. But - he's young and that's a learning experience that didn't end up costing us.

But it did allow us to see some Jimmy G magic!

Here's an awesome view of Jimmy dropping a dime into Sanders' hands well before he even makes his break on the route. This is the best angle you can see for it, because you can see Jimmy throw the ball before you even see Sanders. And then you get to watch Sanders make his cut. 

Those two have been teammates for 9 days. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Just to add to this tweet: 

Honestly, at this point, I'd be somewhat surprised if Kwon isn't done for the season. I know this will sound hokey, but all the energy is pushing in the direction that he's done for the year it feels like. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just to add to this tweet: 

Honestly, at this point, I'd be somewhat surprised if Kwon isn't done for the season. I know this will sound hokey, but all the energy is pushing in the direction that he's done for the year it feels like. 

Yeah, seems like whenever we've heard the "concern" posts like that, it's been a big one. This would be a big loss - but we've overcome a lot of big losses over the first 8 games, so we shall see. "Next man up" should be a permanent team motto given all the injuries since...like 2011 when we had one lucky year. 

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

Yeah, seems like whenever we've heard the "concern" posts like that, it's been a big one. This would be a big loss - but we've overcome a lot of big losses over the first 8 games, so we shall see. "Next man up" should be a permanent team motto given all the injuries since...like 2011 when we had one lucky year. 

I'd be somewhat concerned about our passing defense underneath at that point. Dre just isn't there at all with regards to that. He bit hard on play actions all pre season it seemed like, and frankly, he's not that fast. A big  reason why we can contain guys like CMC out of the backfield is Kwon (CMC, outside of that one play where he was randomly covered by Nick Bosa of all people, really didn't do much), and with teams that utilize passing out of the backfield coming up (Kamara obviously the huge one, but Aaron Jones is turning it on, and even Seattle likes to mix in a lot of throws to the backs, though Carson isn't the most natural pass catcher).