Week 9 News/Notes: DT’s in the Dog House

textaz03

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I bet there are some here that would have pulled the trigger on Tyron for Adams. Factor in age, injury history, put Connor Williams at LT, and move McGovern blah blah blah

Tyron Smith gets anything he wants forever. Im as pro get a safety as anyone but the day any safety is worth the same as a high end left tackle is the day they take away pads and give everyone flags on their hips.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Regardless of public opinion, Watt would’ve been a poor choice as well because he posed a poor scheme fit. He’s better suited for a 3-4 defense. 

I disagree that he couldn’t thrive as a 4-3 DE. But even if you accept that, his floor as a really good situational rusher would still be light years better than what we got from Taco.

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I disagree that he couldn’t thrive as a 4-3 DE. But even if you accept that, his floor as a really good situational rusher would still be light years better than what we got from Taco.

I mean he's killing it in Miami right now. So we weren't THAT wrong. I just think he didn't like being a cowboy tbh. 

There's only so much you can predict on prospects. We just had bad luck.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

6 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I mean he's killing it in Miami right now. So we weren't THAT wrong. I just think he didn't like being a cowboy tbh. 

I honestly don’t think Rod has a clue how to utilize DEs to begin with. So when you have a project guy lime Taco, Rod comes up short.

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I bet there are some here that would have pulled the trigger on Tyron for Adams. Factor in age, injury history, put Connor Williams at LT, and move McGovern blah blah blah

Thats a strong no from me. Tyron has been a huge leader, player and person for us. He is not old (for an OL) and his contract is fantastic. 

Hell I am annoyed that they would even ask that. 

I would pay a lot for Adams. But there is about 5-10 players there is almost nothing I would part with them for. Smith, Martin, Fredrick,  Dak, Zeke, Jaylon, LVE, Sean Lee (yes, I said lee) are all non-touchables. Then you have Cooper and Gallup that are touchable, but the price would be insanely high. 

19 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

In a comparison between TJ Watt and Taco Charlton, you have one Pro-Bowler, and one who couldn't last 3 seasons for the team that drafted him.

They were quite wrong. 

Taco is doing very well in Miami, but he isn't doing TJ Watt well. Looking back at that draft our hands were tied. If they wanted more than a situational pass rusher with the first round pick then they had to pass on Watt. If they wanted more talent, then they needed to pass on Taco. 

The only players that might have been worth that pick are JuJu, and Kamara, and hell we picked Taco AND Chido over those guys.

Edited by DaBoys

31 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Or perhaps the scheme we run doesn’t actually cater to the skills of the players on the team.

We are #19 in sacks per game. Oakland (with Mayowa) is #25. Miami (with Taco) is #30.

So, no.

The answer is that Taco and Mayowa are mediocre players and sacks are a somewhat flukey statistic. 

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

We are #19 in sacks per game. Oakland (with Mayowa) is #25. Miami (with Taco) is #30.

So, no.

The answer is that Taco and Mayowa are mediocre players and sacks are a somewhat flukey statistic. 

Assuming that Watt would have his same stats in a 4-3?