Redskins extend Deshazor Everett

naptownskinsfan

Like others, I will wait until we see the contract looks like before I comment. Of all of their upcoming free agents, he would not have been the first guy I would have pursued.

For instance, Tress Way (team MVP) would have definitely been higher on my list.

They’re going to have cap space coming out the yin yang, so I’m pretty comfortable with them making some moves to lock up complementary pieces like this. They’re already at $51M space next year, and that’s before they clear out some $35M by cutting ties with Williams, Norman, and Reed. If they can find a taker for Kerrigan (perhaps after drafting Chase Young), they’ll clear almost $12M more. 

Even if they give Scherff a huge extension (seems like a worse idea as time goes on, but they’ll probably do it), they’ll still have something like $70M in space left. Which means they could also let go of the Alex Smith contract and still be around $60M. 

In other words, I think they should be in a pretty good position to retain solid team guys like Everett, Way, Bostic, and even Flowers at this point. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

They’re going to have cap space coming out the yin yang, so I’m pretty comfortable with them making some moves to lock up complementary pieces like this. They’re already at $51M space next year, and that’s before they clear out some $35M by cutting ties with Williams, Norman, and Reed. If they can find a taker for Kerrigan (perhaps after drafting Chase Young), they’ll clear almost $12M more. 

Even if they give Scherff a huge extension (seems like a worse idea as time goes on, but they’ll probably do it), they’ll still have something like $70M in space left. Which means they could also let go of the Alex Smith contract and still be around $60M. 

In other words, I think they should be in a pretty good position to retain solid team guys like Everett, Way, Bostic, and even Flowers at this point. 

I did some elementary school math a few weeks ago and they could have $100 million in cap space in March if they do just what you said.

I think if they make Alex Smith a June 1st cut that he costs nothing against next year cap. At least that’s what they showed on overthecap.

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

I was rolling with everything you said and then you said "solid team guys" with that list ... :D (Way obviously is the exception to that crowd)

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 6:18 PM, turtle28 said:

I did some elementary school math a few weeks ago and they could have $100 million in cap space in March if they do just what you said.

I think if they make Alex Smith a June 1st cut that he costs nothing against next year cap. At least that’s what they showed on overthecap.

If Bruce is here the Alex Smith contract is going nowhere.