Unpopular culinary opinions

y*so*blu

On 8/18/2020 at 1:01 PM, Daniel said:

I thought that might be the case.  Cold weather makes bland watermelons.  They're native to north Africa, and need really hot, really dry weather to reach full flavor potential.

If you're using store bought watermelons as a gauge, then there's as much a difference in those and a good watermelon grown in appropriate climate and a store bought, ethylene gas ripened tomato and a home grown variety.  No comparison.

Although not liking bananas is a weird one too.  Bananas are great.

I mean, honestly, what sort of disgraceful peasant doesn't just like, import their watermelons directly from North Africa?  Like, you losers are all just going to the store to buy produce?  Are you poor or something?

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I mean, honestly, what sort of disgraceful peasant doesn't just like, import their watermelons directly from North Africa?  Like, you losers are all just going to the store to buy produce?  Are you poor or something?

I'm talking about the south, man.

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I hunt them in the wild, much like a Rhino or Gorilla.

• Like 1