Unpopular culinary opinions

y*so*blu

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Lightning round - sandwich meats. Go!

- Pastrami

Favorite?  Corn beef.

The one I've probably eaten the most?  Turkey.

The one I'm eating the most right now?  Liverwurst.

The one I'll be eating nothing but in a couple more weeks when my tomatoes ripen?  Bacon.

46 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

ham

Ham as in a cold sandwich meat is blah.  Ham as a big chunk of meat that you either have with biscuits or on its own, is a beautiful thing.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Favorite?  Corn beef.

The one I've probably eaten the most?  Turkey.

The one I'm eating the most right now?  Liverwurst.

The one I'll be eating nothing but in a couple more weeks when my tomatoes ripen?  Bacon.

Ham as in a cold sandwich meat is blah.  Ham as a big chunk of meat that you either have with biscuits or on its own, is a beautiful thing.

I pretty much always heat up my sandwiches so i can melt the cheese, because wisconsin

a griddle works nicely

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I pretty much always heat up my sandwiches so i can melt the cheese, because wisconsin

a griddle works nicely

Hot ham isn't any better if it's still the lunchmeat type ham.  I mean, I'll eat it, but it's pretty near the bottom of the list.

I make a country ham for Christmas with my family every year, and it's always absolutely delicious.  Usually cooked in either pineapple juice, apple juice, Dr. Pepper, or coffee, and a ton of dried chilis.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Hot ham isn't any better if it's still the lunchmeat type ham.  I mean, I'll eat it, but it's pretty near the bottom of the list.

I make a country ham for Christmas with my family every year, and it's always absolutely delicious.  Usually cooked in either pineapple juice, apple juice, Dr. Pepper, or coffee, and a ton of dried chilis.

if we are specifically talking lunch meat

I like boars head smoked maple ham lunch meat

Sometimes smoked turkey

not a big pastrami guy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

if we are specifically talking lunch meat

I like boars head smoked maple ham lunch meat

Sometimes smoked turkey

not a big pastrami guy

Definitely eaten a lot of Boars Head smoked maple ham, and their other hams.  Ham is high up on my list for sandwiches for quantity.  

Quality-wise, nothing beats a good pit beef sandwich.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i dont, but i will check into it

They are game changers. I was told by my brother how much I'd like one then he got me one for my wedding a few years ago. I have used it 80% of the days since and upgraded the product. I don't think I can recommend them enough.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i dont, but i will check into it

11 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

They are game changers. I was told by my brother how much I'd like one then he got me one for my wedding a few years ago. I have used it 80% of the days since and upgraded the product. I don't think I can recommend them enough.

We got gifted one at our wedding as well, and just broke it out this last week.  It's pretty awesome.

We cooked buffalo cauliflower in it and it was delicious.  Also fast.

• Like 1