Unpopular culinary opinions

y*so*blu

9 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

What's an orange sauce? 

The world would be better off if mushrooms would just disappear. Just reminds me of chewing a lip any time I try to eat one. 

I...I don’t know which statement or question alarms me more.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:
37 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i dont, but i will check into it

They are game changers. I was told by my brother how much I'd like one then he got me one for my wedding a few years ago. I have used it 80% of the days since and upgraded the product. I don't think I can recommend them enough.

Co-sign, my Air Fryer is used pretty much non stop.

• Like 2

Since we're on the topic of air fryers also, you don't need to go balls to wall in terms of spending to get a quality device. The one we have in my office at work is a $60 unit we got from Wal-Mart. It's perfect and before we started working from home, was used 4 days a week, sometimes multiple times a day (I work w/ a very small group of people).

If you're on the fence about getting one, this is ideal and inexpensive. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Farberware-3-2-Quart-Oil-Less-Multi-Functional-Air-Fryer-Black/47042727?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227034720852&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=76883163032&wl4=pla-149616618512&wl5=9015854&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=47042727&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0Mb3BRCaARIsAPSNGpV_BVCdIucO02aoZp0y4TuO9YFRKq98lRuXvszkCPpzlB0rkg_IMfcaAv_iEALw_wcB

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

Since we're on the topic of air fryers also, you don't need to go balls to wall in terms of spending to get a quality device. The one we have in my office at work is a $60 unit we got from Wal-Mart. It's perfect and before we started working from home, was used 4 days a week, sometimes multiple times a day (I work w/ a very small group of people).

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Farberware-3-2-Quart-Oil-Less-Multi-Functional-Air-Fryer-Black/47042727?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227034720852&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=76883163032&wl4=pla-149616618512&wl5=9015854&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=47042727&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0Mb3BRCaARIsAPSNGpV_BVCdIucO02aoZp0y4TuO9YFRKq98lRuXvszkCPpzlB0rkg_IMfcaAv_iEALw_wcB

I have that one, and it get used at least once daily. It works good for one person, and it's ok if you're cooking enough for 4. I'd probably go a different route if I were to do it all over again, but that's nothing against the model. I'd just want more features, or one of the pressure cooker/air fryer combos to save space.

I want to know the difference between using an air fryer, and a convection oven. The concept is pretty much the same, so I'm just curious if it will actually work the same.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

I have that one, and it get used at least once daily. It works good for one person, and it's ok if you're cooking enough for 4. I'd probably go a different route if I were to do it all over again, but that's nothing against the model. I'd just want more features, or one of the pressure cooker/air fryer combos to save space.

I want to know the difference between using an air fryer, and a convection oven. The concept is pretty much the same, so I'm just curious if it will actually work the same.

Yeah I was linking that for people on the fence. Inexpensive and gets the job done. 

Isn't a Nu-Wave oven considered a convention oven?? I have one of those and it's what lead me to inquire about sure fryers in the first place. That thing cooked the best pork chops I've ever had and from a frozen state. When I first introduced an air fryer to my coworkers, they described it as a convection oven with a fan FWIW.

50 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Yeah I was linking that for people on the fence. Inexpensive and gets the job done. 

Isn't a Nu-Wave oven considered a convention oven?? I have one of those and it's what lead me to inquire about sure fryers in the first place. That thing cooked the best pork chops I've ever had and from a frozen state. When I first introduced an air fryer to my coworkers, they described it as a convection oven with a fan FWIW.

Air fryers are just small convection ovens that are shaped to maximize airflow, they serve the same role

7 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

So I have one, and it doesn't get the use out of it that I thought it would.  What are some things you use yours for?  I've used it for coconut shrimp and frozen fries a few times, but I'd rather heat the fries in the toaster oven if it's just that and have less dishes to wash/stack in the dishwasher.  

I do like having it though.  One of the things I want to get are the GrillGrates for it, which should sear an awesome piece of meat.  

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like watermelon. I don't like how it looks, smells or tastes. I hate how much space it takes up in our fridge
I loathe people who bring it to a party and anybody who cuts it into shapes is a freaking loser. There is no other fruit that sucks as much as watermelon. I wish it were extinct.  Watermelon is the suckiest suck that ever sucked. Eff watermelon

Edited by Shanedorf
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

I don't like watermelon. I don't like how it looks, smells or tastes. I hate how much space it takes up in our fridge
I loathe people who bring it to a party and anybody who cuts it into shapes is a freaking loser. There is no other fruit that sucks as much as watermelon. I wish it were extinct.  Watermelon is the suckiest suck that ever sucked. Eff watermelon

You're from the northeast originally, I take it.

My first tiny watermelon started growing yesterday.  Much excitement.

16 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Every word of this text broke my heart in a new, different way. Watermelon is absolutely phenomenal on a hot summer day, one bite of ice cold watermelon renews my spirit in a way reserved for a shaman, or a really nice Uber driver.

I'm from the south, so it could be a regional thing - but my goodness, watermelon is one of those pure things I can't imagine living without.

So you're saying it qualifies as an unpopular culinary opinion ?

I don't think its a regional thing, even my own family thinks there's something very wrong with me for my irrational distaste of watermelon

Edited by Shanedorf
  • Like 1