Unpopular culinary opinions

y*so*blu

On 5/19/2020 at 12:06 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

There is a large Hispanic population around Annapolis and it's led to some great local restaurants as well as food trucks.  

The best though is in a small college town called Westminster.  They have a lot of good local restaurants, including a family restaurant that's been there for over 60 years.  But this Mexican place is authentic recipes from the home country.  

There is also a Latin restaurant that opened down the street from me, and I didn't think our community would embrace them, but they are packed every day for lunch and dinner and do healthy carryout business.  They have received a ton of support, and the owners are a husband and wife who grew up in the restaurant industry and he is from El Salvador.  Best tacos I've ever had.  

Hey buddy that’s my hometown - we’re not that small 😤

Are you talking about Papa Joe’s?

15 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

So you're saying it qualifies as an unpopular culinary opinion ?

I don't think its a regional thing, even my own family thinks there's something very wrong with me for my irrational distaste of watermelon

Well I'm sorry they're related to a man of such poor taste.

But in all seriousness, watermelon is probably my favorite fruit.  And there are so many varieties of delicious, delicious fruits.  I'm growing a seedless cultivar called Moon and Stars right now, which is yellow inside.

Watermelon is best when salted btw.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

So you're saying it qualifies as an unpopular culinary opinion ?

I don't think its a regional thing, even my own family thinks there's something very wrong with me for my irrational distaste of watermelon

This makes me sad. 

On 7/8/2020 at 12:35 AM, Ray Reed said:

Hey buddy that’s my hometown - we’re not that small 😤

Are you talking about Papa Joe’s?

Compared to what some people might think, Westminster is a bit small, but it's been growing quite a bit over the time I remember it when I was 8 and went to the first Ravens camp at Western Maryland College.  

And yes, I am talking about Papa Joe's.  When I go up there, I either go there or to Baugher's.  No need to go anywhere else.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

When roasting marshmallows, the only correct way is to catch it on fire and blacken it. Eat and repeat. 

You have to brown them a bit first, if only to get the entire inside good and melted.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2020 at 10:47 PM, Shanedorf said:

I don't like watermelon. I don't like how it looks, smells or tastes. I hate how much space it takes up in our fridge
I loathe people who bring it to a party and anybody who cuts it into shapes is a freaking loser. There is no other fruit that sucks as much as watermelon. I wish it were extinct.  Watermelon is the suckiest suck that ever sucked. Eff watermelon

If I could like this more than once I would. 

Watermelon is almost as bad as bananas to me.

36 minutes ago, Daniel said:

You have to brown them a bit first, if only to get the entire inside good and melted.

The proper way is to burn it with the inside still cold, so you can peel off the good part, and re-burn the remaining stuff. If you do it right you can get 4-5 burns out of a single mallow. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Watermelon is almost as bad as bananas to me.

tenor.gif?itemid=13071041

22 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

The proper way is to burn it with the inside still cold, so you can peel off the good part, and re-burn the remaining stuff. If you do it right you can get 4-5 burns out of a single mallow. 

Ah.  Well I assumed that we're putting them between graham crackers.  If you're just eating the marshmallow straight up, then I guess setting them on fire right away is fine.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 10:04 PM, y*so*blu said:

Cold pizza. Why does anyone enjoy this? Here's a dish that is clearly intended to be served one way, and that's hot. If I have leftovers, I reheat them in the microwave or toaster oven.

Cold pizza has the worst texture too.  It gets like...waxy, and tough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Sausage egg and chee >>>> bacon egg and chee

Scrapple is better than both but i think that’s only a mid-atlantic thing 

Yeah, you don't see it anywhere else.  Good stuff though.

Country ham is the king of breakfast meats though.