Unpopular culinary opinions

y*so*blu

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Chorizo, or I'll see you in hell!

Chorizo is more of a condiment than an actual meat, in terms of breakfast use.  Or at least Mexican chorizo is.

When I think of breakfast meat, I'm thinking something that works by itself on a biscuit.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Chorizo is more of a condiment than an actual meat, in terms of breakfast use.

I can concede this point. 

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

When I think of breakfast meat, I'm thinking something that works by itself on a biscuit.

Chorizo and egg on a biscuit...

15 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I can concede this point. 

Chorizo and egg on a biscuit...

Chorizo and eggs is delicious, but I still gotta go ham.  Best part of the pig.

10 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Hard disagree. Watermelon is best when deposited directly into the trash. Or compost/yard waste if you are in to that sort of thing.

It must be hard having no taste.

• Like 3

Just now, Daniel said:

Ah, so you've just never had watermelon.  That makes sense.

In all seriousness my family loves watermelon, and I wish I did too. The idea of watermelon is very appealing. We used to grow it when I lived in MN and had a much bigger garden. 

Watermelon is the second worst fruit, imo. Bananas take the cake.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

In all seriousness my family loves watermelon, and I wish I did too. The idea of watermelon is very appealing. We used to grow it when I lived in MN and had a much bigger garden. 

Watermelon is the second worst fruit, imo. Bananas take the cake.

I thought that might be the case.  Cold weather makes bland watermelons.  They're native to north Africa, and need really hot, really dry weather to reach full flavor potential.

If you're using store bought watermelons as a gauge, then there's as much a difference in those and a good watermelon grown in appropriate climate and a store bought, ethylene gas ripened tomato and a home grown variety.  No comparison.

Although not liking bananas is a weird one too.  Bananas are great.

Cantaloupe and squash are fruits I have never enjoyed in any form. I don't like bananas much either, but at least you can put them in bread or something.

The Kids Try channel makes everyone try durian. I'm not sure that's even edible.

Edited by y*so*blu

3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

That show is great.

my daughter is a picky eater, so she loves that show to laugh at what they are eating

those kids eat some pretty weird stuff

I love it too. The bugs episode was a classic.

And I didn't even think about mangoes! Can't stand those damn things either. As Dave Barry once said: "mango-wise, you don't need a whole lot. You take one bite, and that pretty much satisfies your mango needs until the next presidential administration. But, the mangoes keep coming."

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Bananas and melon are second tier.

top tier is limes and lemons and apples

bottom tier is mangoes and cherries

I used to think that about mangoes, then I traveled and realized I never had a good mango. They just don't exist in this part of the world.

• Like 1