Are the 49ers the leagues best team?

patriotsheatyan

On 11/4/2019 at 7:37 PM, Bolts223 said:

Regardless of last night.

It's still the Patriots until it isn't.

Ask me who do I think will win between X team and the Patriots.

It's always the Patriots for as long as Brady is the QB and Belichick is the HC.

This. Does no one else get tired of nitpicking the Patriots team every year only to have them jog through the playoffs like a warm up? 

"This year is different" I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like 1

Just now, Fray32 said:

This. Does no one else get tired of nitpicking the Patriots team every year only to have them jog through the playoffs like a warm up? 

"This year is different" I'll believe it when I see it.

I think a strong majority of fans think the Patriots have the best chance to win the SB of any team. I think a strong majority of fans don't feel the need to state that the Patriots are the super bowl favorites, because that's the default.

I can tell you the Superbowl contenders as of right now based on four things.

-Line play 

-Linebacker play 

-rb play 

- QB play

Niners, Patriots, Ravens, Saints,Eagles, Chiefs ( Mahomes) , Bills, Packers, Seahawks , Houston.

-Tennessee is a darkkkk horse if their rookie D dlineman knocks the rust off and the offense starts to gel watch out for wild card

Colts- they're always in every game I feel like if Luck was playing they would if been a 2 seed.  If they had a solid kicker sorry Adam.

Edited by thebestever6

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

I can tell you the Superbowl contenders as of right now based on four things.

-Line play 

-Linebacker play 

-rb play 

- QB play

Niners, Patriots, Ravens, Saints,Eagles, Chiefs ( Mahomes) , Bills, Packers, Seahawks , Houston.

-Tennessee is a darkkkk horse if their rookie D dlineman knocks the rust off and the offense starts to gel watch out for wild card

Colts- they're always in every game I feel like if Luck was playing they would if been a 2 seed.  If they had a solid kicker sorry Adam.

I’m not saying the Cowboys are super bowl contenders, but if you’re basing it on those 4 criteria, how can you not include them?

top 3 linebacker group with depth

top 3-5 running back

great oline  and pretty darn good pass rush 

Qb has been playing pretty well too

coaching then?

1 hour ago, brak86 said:

I’m not saying the Cowboys are super bowl contenders, but if you’re basing it on those 4 criteria, how can you not include them?

top 3 linebacker group with depth

top 3-5 running back

great oline  and pretty darn good pass rush 

Qb has been playing pretty well too

coaching then?

I just got a feeling one of Zekes tires blow this year. There's a bigger reason he held out imo lot of mileage on those tires. Are we sold on Tony Pollard to carry the load at some point?

Also think their schedule has gotten tougher and brought them down to earth.

18 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I think a strong majority of fans think the Patriots have the best chance to win the SB of any team. I think a strong majority of fans don't feel the need to state that the Patriots are the super bowl favorites, because that's the default.

Yeah but I feel like this is almost a logical fallacy. It's almost like what the coach of the year award has become because we know damn well that Belichick is the best coach on any given year and it isn't remotely close.

People can talk about the Saints or 49ers all they want - but there's no way in hell I'd bet money on either of them to beat the Patriots when it came down to it. That doesn't make them the best team like many people are saying. 

34 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Yeah but I feel like this is almost a logical fallacy. It's almost like what the coach of the year award has become because we know damn well that Belichick is the best coach on any given year and it isn't remotely close.

People can talk about the Saints or 49ers all they want - but there's no way in hell I'd bet money on either of them to beat the Patriots when it came down to it. That doesn't make them the best team like many people are saying. 

In their place, I'd take 49ers and Saints over us. At ours, I'd just about take us. I think they're both stronger teams though.

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

In their place, I'd take 49ers and Saints over us. At ours, I'd just about take us. I think they're both stronger teams though.

I thought the Falcons were the stronger team against NE in 2016 by a decent margin and then we saw what happened. The Patriots ability to turn it on in the 2nd half and Brady's in particular, is UNMATCHED. Like there is no way you can feel confident about facing the Patriots in the SB, regardless of how strong of a team you have.

They will be favorites over any NFC team in the SB if they get there. But I'm not sure if they get passed the Chiefs. 

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I thought the Falcons were the stronger team against NE in 2016 by a decent margin and then we saw what happened. The Patriots ability to turn it on in the 2nd half and Brady's in particular, is UNMATCHED. Like there is no way you can feel confident about facing the Patriots in the SB, regardless of how strong of a team you have.

They will be favorites over any NFC team in the SB if they get there. But I'm not sure if they get passed the Chiefs. 

Yeah we tend to adjust well in-game. You often see us working out what teams are doing.

Funny enough it was the inverse against KC, who also have a mastermind on the sidelines.

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah we tend to adjust well in-game. You often see us working out what teams are doing.

Funny enough it was the inverse against KC, who also have a mastermind on the sidelines.

That's because Reid can match BB in some ways. Hoping if we make the SB and you guys are on the other end, Shanahan is able to do the same.