Are the 49ers the leagues best team?

patriotsheatyan

from Warren Sharp twitter

Previewing next MNF,  SF may have the #1 pass D, but they've played the #2 easiest schedule of pass offenses.

Last 7 QBs faced:
•Kyler Murray
•Kyle Allen
•Case Keenum
•Baker Mayfield
•Mason Rudolph
•Jared Goff
•Andy Dalton

Now they get Russell Wilson, 2019's #1 QB & the #1 pass OFFENSE

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

Previewing next MNF,  SF may have the #1 pass D, but they've played the #2 easiest schedule of pass offenses.

Last 7 QBs faced:
•Kyler Murray
•Kyle Allen
•Case Keenum
•Baker Mayfield
•Mason Rudolph
•Jared Goff
•Andy Dalton

Now they get Russell Wilson, 2019's #1 QB & the #1 pass OFFENSE

tenor.gif

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 4:41 PM, Jlowe22 said:

We all knew before the season the schedule before the bye was the hardest stretch.  I never thought we’d be 7-1, I figured we’d lose 3 games even with a healthy Brees.

But it doesn’t get all that easy.  We have Falcons twice sure, and nobody has any business losing to the Falcons, but if there is one team they’ll step up for, you better believe it’ll be the Saints.  Then Panthers twice could easily be a split, Niners, Colts, Titans and Bucs.

I don't want this to sound like I'm discrediting the Niners, because that's not my intent - but the Panthers are closer to the team that got destroyed than they are a legit playoff contender IMO. I don't see how the Panthers beat the Saints at all this year. Sure the Falcons might play the Saints tough, but they won't actually win either game. Bucs is one I could see the Saints randomly dropping, just because of how good the Bucs can be on offense.

Colts at home is not going to be a problem.

Don't see that defense letting the Niner offense do much in the dome.

At Titans is another one I could see them randomly dropping since it's an away game.

But even if they drop two, they'll likely still get home field.

And I have this feeling that the Rams will get the 6 seed and beat the 3 seed, which would send us straight to New Orleans. And I'm guessing neither of us want that.

This is like 2013 for the Niners again. They might be the 2nd best team in the NFL. But both teams are in conference. I think the Saints are the true #1 despite the one loss (which they probably win if Brees doesn’t get hurt). 

Saints Defense looks Top 5 right now, even if the numbers say more like 8-9. They shut offenses down and limit points. 

Saints were absolutely dominating teams with a backup QB. Say what you want about Teddy but that was mostly Payton. He’s been on fire on his play calls. 

Now they have Brees back. A Top 5 QB. A Top 5 RB. IMO the best Offensive Line in all of football. And Michael Thomas of course.... 

Saints should definitely be favorites to win it all. 

Although I’m still picking the Pats to win it in the end. While I think they are the 3rd best team, Bellichicks saves his best gameplans for the playoffs. And Playoff Brady...

Edited by BayRaider

Monday night could be the first time the 49ers offense gets back:
• LT Joe Staley (out since wk 2)
• RT Mike McGlinchey (out since wk 5)
• FB Kyle Juszczyk (out since wk 5)

All returned to practice today.
Kyle: “I’m 100%”
Joe: “Feel good. Plan is to play on Monday”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Hoping the run game gets back to normal. The pass protection hasn't been bad, and Jimmy and Kyle have done really nice adjustments around the situation in that regard

43 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I had no idea Wes Welker, Miles Austin, and DeMeco Ryan were coaches on the niners.

Austin is a QC guy, nut sure where that is with regards to the coaching aspect.

Welker coaches receivers... Personally, I don't think it's been a great look this year, but that could be largely youth related. Pettis seems like he's regressed though, and Deebo has been a little up and down, though progression is more of a multi year thing and it is welkers first year. Still, The receivers have simply not been good. Obviously, its his first year, so I'm not going to hit him too hard, especially with Hurd and Taylor missing as well, but you want to probably see more from the young high draft pick guys. And you definitely don't want to see regression

Ryans is a linebacker coach. Seems to be well thought of and valued by the niners. I know he was the one that did the leg work on Dre greenlaw and recommended him to the staff. He was our fifth round pick and will be the one taking over for Kwon. 

15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

This is like 2013 for the Niners again. They might be the 2nd best team in the NFL. But both teams are in conference. I think the Saints are the true #1 despite the one loss (which they probably win if Brees doesn’t get hurt). 

Saints Defense looks Top 5 right now, even if the numbers say more like 8-9. They shut offenses down and limit points. 

Saints were absolutely dominating teams with a backup QB. Say what you want about Teddy but that was mostly Payton. He’s been on fire on his play calls. 

Now they have Brees back. A Top 5 QB. A Top 5 RB. IMO the best Offensive Line in all of football. And Michael Thomas of course.... 

Saints should definitely be favorites to win it all. 

Although I’m still picking the Pats to win it in the end. While I think they are the 3rd best team, Bellichicks saves his best gameplans for the playoffs. And Playoff Brady...

I agree with most of what you stated outside of discrediting Teddy. This is the first time in Teddy's career he has had a great OL, legit number 1 WR, and a weapon like Kamara to use as a checkdown. Sure Payton is a great coach, but that was Teddy balling out the last several weeks he started when he finally gained to get some confidence in himself in this system. The first few weeks were very scripted/playing it safe, but after that Teddy gave hope of being a legit QB of the future candidate. 

9 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Really looking forward to these three returning and hoping Ahkello returns as well. With the upcoming schedule of facing so many top QBs the rest of the way, we will be needing him healthy opposite Sherman. 

But it is pretty amazing what this team has done without Staley/McGlinchey/Juice Check. The offense has been tweaked to mitigate the losses of the starting tackles but somehow the team came through undefeated through that stretch.