Are the 49ers the leagues best team?

patriotsheatyan

4 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

You trust the Chiefs to get to the Super Bowl even with that defense? :)

I actually do. Their offense is that damn good and if they can put teams in a deficit, they will be fine. 

Just went toe to toe with GB and Minny in back to back weeks with Matt Moore at QB. Those boys are for REAL. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I actually do. Their offense is that damn good and if they can put teams in a deficit, they will be fine. 

Just went toe to toe with GB and Minny in back to back weeks with Matt Moore at QB. Those boys are for REAL. 

This is true, even if both were at home. Mahomes' health moving forward is a big question mark. And if they have to play in the wild card round, I can't see them winning three straight to get to the Super Bowl just on the strength of their offense. 

4 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

This is true, even if both were at home. Mahomes' health moving forward is a big question mark. And if they have to play in the wild card round, I can't see them winning three straight to get to the Super Bowl just on the strength of their offense. 

#2 seed will come down to Houston, KC or BAL. They have just as good of a shot as anyone of getting a first round bye. 

34 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

In the Dome yes. We’re good on the road too, we’re just special at home 

I think our two best wins this year have been on the road against Seattle and Chicago.  

Im always more confident in the dome, but having a defense goes a long way towards being a good road team.

• Like 1

It's the Saints and it's not close right now. Look at who all these teams have played.

Actually just look at who the Saints played:

Texans

Rams

Seahawks

Cowboys

Bucs

Jags

Bears

Cardinals

While they have played four teams with losing records, playing at Jacksonville and at Chicago with Bridgewater were games I had them losing. The Niners look better but the difference in schedules is glaring over the first 8 games of the season.

7 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

It's the Saints and it's not close right now. Look at who all these teams have played.

Actually just look at who the Saints played:

Texans

Rams

Seahawks

Cowboys

Bucs

Jags

Bears

Cardinals

While they have played four teams with losing records, playing at Jacksonville and at Chicago with Bridgewater were games I had them losing. The Niners look better but the difference in schedules is glaring over the first 8 games of the season.

Yeah, among other things, the argument to make FOR New Orleans, is their schedule and the amount of good teams they have beaten. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, among other things, the argument to make FOR New Orleans, is their schedule and the amount of good teams they have beaten. 

And they did it without their best player (Drew Brees) for just about 6 of those games. I'd argue that is the most telling thing...they are 7-1 with missing one of the best players in the league for an extended period of time. Shows the overall talent of the team.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

And they did it without their best player (Drew Brees) for just about 6 of those games. I'd argue that is the most telling thing...they are 7-1 with missing one of the best players in the league for an extended period of time. Shows the overall talent of the team.

Definitely, also shows they have a very good back up QB that when Brees goes down, they could still stay afloat. 

Difference in the playoffs could very well just come down to who has home field between SF/NO/GB.