Possible Coaching Candidates Now That Freddie Is Fired

cortes02

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So what did you expect the record to be in August?

A win isn't a win and a loss isn't a loss when it comes to assessing the quality of the coaching and play.

The win against the Jets wasn't of the same variety as the win against the Ravens.

The loss against the Titans wasn't of the same variety as the loss against the Seahawks.

An 8 win season beating the Dolphins, Titans, Arizona, Bengalsx2, Buffalo, Jets, Broncos would be completely different than an 8 win season against the Rams, Ravens, Patriots, Seahawks, Bengalsx2, Titans. 

That's why season record matters but it's not the end all be all relative to how the team has performed in particular games.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Legit asking, has any one of them ever been a first year guy?

Who are these coaches fired with 11 wins btw?

None first year... Marty Schott ... point was about expectations.. tons of coaches have gotten fired at 7-9 or 8-8; the list would be too long. Oddly enough the only HC that got fired at 8-8 that I can recall was none other than Hue Jackson the GOAT.

6 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

None first year... Marty Schott ... point was about expectations.. tons of coaches have gotten fired at 7-9 or 8-8; the list would be too long. Oddly enough the only HC that got fired at 8-8 that I can recall was none other than Hue Jackson the GOAT.

So the question this begs is we’re people off in their expectations?

I mean, rookie HC, 2nd year QB, haven’t seen the playoffs since 03?...  maybe we were expecting a bit too much?  No?  Not even possible?

11 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

A win isn't a win and a loss isn't a loss when it comes to assessing the quality of the coaching and play.

The win against the Jets wasn't of the same variety as the win against the Ravens.

The loss against the Titans wasn't of the same variety as the loss against the Seahawks.

An 8 win season beating the Dolphins, Titans, Arizona, Bengalsx2, Buffalo, Jets, Broncos would be completely different than an 8 win season against the Rams, Ravens, Patriots, Seahawks, Bengalsx2, Titans. 

That's why season record matters but it's not the end all be all relative to how the team has performed in particular games.

So how big of a sample size is big enough then if 8 clearly is?

7?

5?

3?

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So the question this begs is we’re people off in their expectations?

I mean, rookie HC, 2nd year QB, haven’t seen the playoffs since 03?...  maybe we were expecting a bit too much?  No?  Not even possible?

I think it's equal footing. Freddie needs to be better. The players need to be better. Dorsey needs to anticipate issues before they arise (O-line/DB depth). The fans need to not be dumb. Everybody is culpable in this abomination. 

• Like 1

Just now, Reginaldm9 said:

I think it's equal footing. Freddie needs to be better. The players need to be better. Dorsey needs to anticipate issues before they arise (O-line/DB depth). The fans need to not be dumb. Everybody is culpable in this abomination. 

I agree.

All I’m saying is let’s just sit back and see what happens these last 2 months.  If Freddie is as bad as many think, he’ll be gone without question. If not, let’s see what happens.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So how big of a sample size is big enough then if 8 clearly is?

7?

5?

3?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

I think the point I was really trying to make was about the context of opponent when it comes to wins vs losses and not necessarily the sample size. I'm all for giving Freddie until the end of the season. However, it's just my opinion that the 2nd half of the season doesn't really provide Freddie with the opportunity to really prove how diagnostic his influence on winning can be due to the opponent's we face. 

Executing at a high level, play smart football, winning and/or competing to the end against really good teams matters as does dominating and executing at a high level against bad teams.

We need to go out and dominate the Dolphins and Bengals for those wins to allow us to take something from them.

• Like 1

I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

I think the point I was really trying to make was about the context of opponent when it comes to wins vs losses and not necessarily the sample size. I'm all for giving Freddie until the end of the season. However, it's just my opinion that the 2nd half of the season doesn't really provide Freddie with the opportunity to really prove how diagnostic his influence on winning can be due to the opponent's we face. 

Fair enough, I guess my issue is just a small sample size early in his HC career. 

Executing at a high level, play smart football, winning and/or competing to the end against really good teams matters as does dominating and executing at a high level against bad teams.

I think the Ravens, Bills and even Steelers x2 provide plenty of opportunity to see where we stand.

We need to go out and dominate the Dolphins and Bengals for those wins to allow us to take something from them.

Agreed.

• Like 1

I see a little bit of overreaction. Honestly, I get why people are mad and frustrated. 

At the end of the day, Freddie has a lot of mouths to feed. It's only about to get worse with Kareem hunt on the field. The fan base are never gonna allow him the time to even get his feet wet. I can remember when people were calling for belichek to be fired when he was here. Let the damn coach grow a bit. He's been around football long enough to know he's gotta be better. You can see his frustrations in the post game interviews. I personally think he made the mistake of taking on play calling duties as well as being a head coach when he should've just took the head coaching duties to get accustomed to being one then once monken left he could absorb that role of he wanted. I think they make the change to monken at some point this season and let Freddie just be head coach. 

• Like 1